• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Jesse12512

Hi everyone my name is Jesse and I will be receiving my first tegu, a Colombian and yes I'm well aware of their feisty reputation haha. I'd really appreciate some help on setting up her lighting (what watt bulbs, light coverage, reaching appropriate basking and ambient temperatures, placement, etc.) She is still considered a hatchling and will be housed in a 40g breeder while in construction of her final cage. I really want to have everything set up and ready to go before I pick her up :) any photos of your youth setups along with explanations would be greatly appreciated! :)

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome. More Colombian Tegu keepers here now than even a few years ago. Hopefully, some will offer advice.

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
hi there, yes colombians are skittish but mine never shows any sign of any aggression, so just be patient and I'm sure you'll have a great relationship....
As for lamps I'd personelly go for an Arcadia strip bulb across at least 2 thirds of your tank and then I would think a 100w basking bulb will surfice for the heat, make sure you put a tile under or some thing to absorb the heat.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced