• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

FOR SALE: Argentine Black and White Tegu

G

About 2 weeks ago I purchased a 6 month old Argentine Black and White Tegu. I was told that it is a female, and that she was tame and never tried to bite, hiss, tail whip or anything. Well, she does tail whip, hiss, and trys to bite (but she is able to be handled). I think that the person I got her from fed her inside her tank, and it has made her very cage aggressive. I am a first time Tegu owner, and I donÃ?¢ââ??‰â??¢t feel experienced enough to handle this situation, and to be honest, im scared of her now that I know how she can act. She has 2 missing toenails, but other than that and her agression (that im sure can be turned around by someone who knows how) she is a great tegu. She has an extremely strong feeding response, and wont turn anything down. She loves eggs, ground turkey, chicken breast, cucumber, shreaded apples, superworms, you name it she will eat it. I paid $120 for her, but I am willing to sell her for only $80 plus shipping (my zip code is 83205) due to the fact that she is semi aggressive and will need a little bit of work, and also I would like to sell her ASAP because I am moving out of state in about 2 weeks. If you are interested please shoot me a message on here or you can email me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e --> . Thanks a bunch
Here are some pictures of her.

Isabellabathroomtime014.jpg

HandlingIsabella002.jpg

HandlingIsabella005.jpg

Isabellabathroomtime005.jpg

Meg90

5 Year Member
Poor little bugger. I was wondering when you'd post her.

Come'on folks. Someone has to have room for a little gu that just needs some TLC

txrepgirl

5 Year Member
Good luck Danielle finding Isabella a good home.Trust me there is hope for her to become tame since she is still so young.

Reflektr

5 Year Member
Wow, she is still extremely young. Poor lil girl just needs some attention, that's all. If I were you, I'd give it some more time to acclimate to its new surroundings and get used to you as well. You've only had her a couple of weeks. If I gave up anything difficult after a few weeks, I would give up guitar, and I for sure wouldn't have my veiled chameleon - Who "love-bites" by the way lol...

Some animals (especially reptiles) take more than a couple of weeks to become adjusted to a new environment. I have a pretty good feeling that if you get rid of her now, you'll be wishing you hadn't...Especially when the new owner starts posting abnormally-cute pictures of her all over this forum. There is amazing potential there, but it just requires a little patience. Her eyes in the last picture even say "...If only someone would just give me a chance...".

That, and if you're selling her for $80, I would practically be forced to take her...And I don't have an enclosure built yet lol.

Meg90

5 Year Member
Danielle has really tried her best with Isabella. This little Gu needs an experienced handler. For a first time owner, if you continuously get your arse kicked by your pet, it just makes owner fearful, and the animal never gets any better.

I hope this tegu goes to a nice experienced home with someone who doesn't mind some love bits. ;) Some of us (myself included) just can't take being bitten!

G

txrepgirl said:
Good luck Danielle finding Isabella a good home.Trust me there is hope for her to become tame since she is still so young.

Thank you :)
yes I know that there is still hope for her :) she just needs the right person :)

G

herper9 said:
Hey I live in like an hour away! Let me talk to my wife and I'll get back to you!

Hey! Okay sounds great let me know what your wife says.

G

Meg90 said:
Danielle has really tried her best with Isabella. This little Gu needs an experienced handler. For a first time owner, if you continuously get your arse kicked by your pet, it just makes owner fearful, and the animal never gets any better.

I hope this tegu goes to a nice experienced home with someone who doesn't mind some love bits. ;) Some of us (myself included) just can't take being bitten!

Thanks so much. good to know that some people know how i feel about this. i really love Isabella, and it's hard to give her up to someone else, but I feel that it has to be done.

txrepgirl

5 Year Member
Danielle.I hope I didn't come out wrong.I understand that you want to do the right thing for both off you.I know you tried very hard ;) .I meant that she still has a chance to become tame with who ever is going to get her ( as long as he is not a first time Tegu owner and knows some tricks to tame her down ) because she is still young.

G

txrepgirl said:
Danielle.I hope I didn't come out wrong.I understand that you want to do the right thing for both off you.I know you tried very hard ;) .I meant that she still has a chance to become tame with who ever is going to get her ( as long as he is not a first time Tegu owner and knows some tricks to tame her down ) because she is still young.

Hi, nooo you didnt come out wrong at all. I understood what you said completely :) Yes, she has a really realllly high chance of becoming tame still :) even I could have a good chance of taming her, but im to the point now that im afraid of her. If i were just a little braver I could just go for it and im sure she would turn out great. but im not. :) thanks for understanding

Meg90

5 Year Member
Yeah, I've seen videos of her. She's 100% Argi. Danielle thinks (as do I) that she was majorly underfed, which I think, has contributed to her aggression.

I hope someone here adopts her, and can turn her around.

G

I have decided to give Isabella another chance.. I feel that giving her up because im scared of her agression is cruel and unreasonable.. I am going to keep her. I am just going to need a lot of tips and advice on how to tame her down. I will be posting lots of questions on this forum and im looking forward to hearing all of your advice. thank you everyone who replied to this post. It means a lot to me that so many people care. so with that being said.. Isabella is SOLD back to myself :) I can see it in her eyes that there is a nice sweet girl in there somewhere. I just need to find it :)

txrepgirl

5 Year Member
Awww.I'm so proud off you Danielle.Please feel free to ask as many questions as you want to or call me any time you got my number ;) .Don't worry things will work out.

Anthony

5 Year Member
hey good luck with your tegu i wish u the best.... a quick question in the last picture of her she almost looks like she has a gold color to her is there any possibility shes a columbian?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029