• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

FOR SALE: Argentine Black and White Tegu

mis jaksin

5 Year Member
Congrats and good luck with your little girl. I am a first time tegu owner, and the best advice right now is it takes a lot of patience and time! Get a good pair of gloves to wear until you feel more comfortable around her. When you're not trying to handle her put one of the gloves in her enclosure with her, that way she can inspect the glove and smell you and then realize the glove 'you' won't hurt her. That's what I did with brutus, now he likes to lay on the glove when he basks! It's pretty funny, he pulls it over to him like a pillow and lays his front paws and head on it... super cute!

It may take a while for you to trust each other, but I'm sure you'll be happy you kept her!

Good luck Danielle!

randy

5 Year Member
sorry for pmm but having trouble responding to posts....
maybe try a soft glove with your scent in it and a long sleeve shirt... so that way u are not scared of being hurt..? and then can fearlessly interact with the young tegu... they are smart and i have no doupt they can pick up on intent and emotions...
you would beprotecteced and feel better putting ur parts close to it... my two cents

TeguKid80

5 Year Member
I personally would try handling her some, especially considering how small she is. Just section off a part of a room and sit down in the middle and let her get used to her. Even if she bit you it would do very little damage. Just my two cents.

herper9

5 Year Member
Congrats on your decision! It always makes it more rewarding when you have a "crazy" animal that finally calms down and wants to interact with you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029