• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Free tegu contest!!

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Is everyone ready for the tegu give away contest? Thats right, TeguTalk.com and Varnyard Herps Inc. are going to give away a free tegu hatchling. The winner gets the choice of sex. The Argentine baby will be one straight out of my stock.

The only requirements are, is that you live in the lower 48 states and you are an active member on TeguTalk.com, if you are a younger member, please check with your parents before entering. I want them to be aware of the chance of you winning a large pet. :)

Ok guys, here we go. This is going to be a contest based on essays. What does this mean, well I want you to tell me all about tegus. None of this information can be copied and pasted or used from any outside sources, including TeguTalk.com or Varnyard Herps, Inc. I do not want to see altered care sheet or info with a few words changed. This must be in your own words. This will also be based on age, I will not expect the younger members to be as correct as the older ones. It will matter how much work you put into it. There is no limit on words or pages, it is based on how well you do your homework. :)

I also want you to tell me why you want to own one of the tamest lizards in the world, as well as why you deserve one.

Winner must pay shipping for the overnight package through DHL.

Send them to: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->

Oh one more thing, you can only submit one, so make them count. IMO, this is a fair way to do this, then I know the new owner has done the homework, and knows how to care for a tegu.

The winner gets a baby out of of my stock!! :)

The Contest Starts Now!! And the contest ends July first at 12pm EST.

Good luck everyone!!

Markie

5 Year Member
What about posts? If you have joined recently, can you still enter as long as you remain active on the forums?

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Markie said:
What about posts? If you have joined recently, can you still enter as long as you remain active on the forums?

Yes, I was refering to members with 0 posts. :)

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I have decided not to enter..hence the fact that i cant write essays..And that i believe i have enough reptiles at this moment.. But i might change my mind.

Toby_H

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I started doing a little research this morning and found conflicting informationabout a couple things. Do we get points taken off because we stumbled across misinformation or out of date information on the internet?

CaseyUndead

5 Year Member
Wow. I'd enter the contest, but i already put in a deposit on one. Unless sometime between now and July i decide i want two, heh.

Is it going to be an Argentine Red or B&W?

ZEKE

5 Year Member
yeah i would like to know if its a red or b/w too. does the winner get to pick one or have you already picked one for the give away?

i have taken a liking to the reds :)

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I will give you choice between the black n white and the red, however if I have a real good season on the giants, then I might give a choice on one of those as well. :)

As for shipping, it has went up due to the fuel prices, it should be around 50.00 this season.

Misinformation, or bad information is always a problem in books and on the internet. I will not hold it against the writer if the information is some of the bad stuff found.

As for the age, it is based on the work put in, I will not hold bad spelling or proper wording against the younger members. 8)

ZEKE

5 Year Member
awesome Bobby! ugg i really want to enter but if i won a tegu my mom would probably kill me. :( i guess ill just have to look at everyone elses tegus and wish i had one :bawl

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
Bobby I have to give you credit for this. This is a wonderful way to do this. This way some one who is really interested can get a fair chance at winning. It also makes sure the one that gets it. Has done their Home work already. Very inteligent thinking on your part. I am glad to see this site taking part in educating Tegu and other reptile owners.
The only problem I see is all of them have pretty much the same information. Which would make it hard on you to decide the winner.
But seeing how you are the all knowing Guru of the Tegu. LOL I'm sure you can handle it. But I do admire this what you are doing. I am gald to be a member of a site. That is working on the future of our reptile hobby/ business.
You know Reptile keepers are some of the more informed pet owners when they have a chance to find the info they need. I'm proud to see this site as a shinning light in the darkness. Everyone here has done a great job.

dorton

5 Year Member
Awesome man, I'm glad to hear you are going to be doing this.
What a great opportunity for all the members here!
Thanks Bobby

Markie

5 Year Member
So.. what if we already have a deposit on a baby and we happen to win this contest? Because, free or otherwise, I want a tegu this year, but I would hate to wait until after the winners are announced and then not be able to get one reserved.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Markie said:
So.. what if we already have a deposit on a baby and we happen to win this contest? Because, free or otherwise, I want a tegu this year, but I would hate to wait until after the winners are announced and then not be able to get one reserved.

Well then you would get two tegus and the shipping would be free. :)

Also thanks for the nice comments guys!! :)

Taydeon

5 Year Member
ZEKE said:
awesome Bobby! ugg i really want to enter but if i won a tegu my mom would probably kill me. :( i guess ill just have to look at everyone elses tegus and wish i had one :bawl

u can keep it at my house zeke : )

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fanderson9214