• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Giant tegu

mr.tegu

5 Year Member
some tegus grow so fast that your hatchlings gone over night. mine has grown 19 inches in under 4 months and still growing. In mid October 08 i had a 10 inch tiny yard sized lizard. Now its already 29 inches long and 4 inches wide, and eats ALL day long basically from around 7 am to 4 pm before going back to its burrow for the night.

homer

5 Year Member
how are the extreme giants produced? I have a regular arg. black and white and was wondering where these giants come from...

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
They are a different local from the normals, they are thought to come from Bolivia, or the Grand Chaco region.

Most of the normals found in the market come from central Argentina.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Also this is a good thread to add this video:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oO77_xnLFI4&feature=channel_page" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oO77_xnL ... annel_page</a><!-- m -->

tupinambisfamiliaris

5 Year Member
That's an impressive lizard, sir. There's a shop near my work that keeps a couple of big ones roaming around the store. They were always what I always wanted my baby to grow up to be. Now I have seen a new standard.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
crimsonrazac said:
Yeah, I really hope my male gets near the 5' mark.

Nope, yours is going to be like the one on the quarter, I got to get busy hand painting some anoles, LOL. :lol: :lol: :lol:

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
crimsonrazac said:
VARNYARD said:
Or an Anole-Asaurus-Smallisha :lol: :lol: :lol:
:evil: Then I might have to pay you in japanese yen rather than usd

You bet, as long as it adds up to the same in US dollars, lol.

BTW, here are some more pics of the adults, they are dirty and have not shed out yet since hibernation:

Attachments

• DSCN5364.JPG
    512 bytes · Views: 23
  • DSCN5376.JPG
    512 bytes · Views: 12
  • DSCN5267smm.JPG
    512 bytes · Views: 7
  • DSCN5371.JPG
    512 bytes · Views: 8

crimsonrazac

5 Year Member
Looking nice. Your larger male is around 62'', right? Do you have lengths of the other giants?(other adult male and females)

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
crimsonrazac said:
Looking nice. Your larger male is around 62'', right? Do you have lengths of the other giants?(other adult male and females)

One of my males has a regenarated tail, and females are around 4ft, females tend to be smaller in all types of tegus then the males. Here is a picture of the two males together you can see the tail:

Attachments

• DSCN42662.JPG
    512 bytes · Views: 13

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yes it is I caught a bunch of alewife (Alosa pseudoharengus) in my cast net the other night> they are a type of herring. They are almost like a freshwater shad. The tegus like them pretty good, and they can be fed as a whole food source, no sharp fins or big sharp bones.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
A few more pics:

Attachments

• 100_0173.JPG
    512 bytes · Views: 8
  • 100_0189.JPG
    512 bytes · Views: 11
  • 100_0176.JPG
    512 bytes · Views: 12

hoosier

5 Year Member
wow bobby what beasts. i know what i may be getting nextseason ;) im looking for one more addition :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980