• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Good baby enclosure

Tegulover411

is this a good baby tegu enclosure I just got him today at an expo I live in Louisiana

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    867.8 KB · Views: 97

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
is this a good baby tegu enclosure I just got him today at an expo I live in Louisiana
Ii'd move his hide to the cool end with food bowl. Perhaps give him a flat ramp leading to the heat source for him to pick the temp he wants. If properly fed, he'll be cramped in there inabout two months.

Tegulover411

Is there a way to get him to touch his vegetables because he doesn't she interested maybe he's to young? And can I start the bond stage he eats from my hand with no problem.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Try different fruits but don't sweat it if he's not interested. Mine like strawberries.

Hang out around his enclosure a lot. Once he's settled in, you can pet and begin putting him on your lap. They are at first nervous about being lifted.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
He settles into a routine of eating, basking, pooping, and sleeping. Make sure he can reach about 115 F AND get away from the heat. Cool end with hide in mid to upper 70s should do it.

Tegulover411

I actually got him to eat from my palm he ate ten crickets dusted of course I moved the hide and he's sitting under the light relaxing and content. He doesn't seem that skittish he allows me to hold him as long as my dogs aren't around even though they want to be friendly he doesn't know tomorrow when I get off I'm gonna start the taming method.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I actually got him to eat from my palm he ate ten crickets dusted of course I moved the hide and he's sitting under the light relaxing and content. He doesn't seem that skittish he allows me to hold him as long as my dogs aren't around even though they want to be friendly he doesn't know tomorrow when I get off I'm gonna start the taming method.
All sounds good.

Tegulover411

I made progress with him too he fell asleep on my neck for about 30 minutes and he got him to eat some food from my hand but he won't crawl on me to get out, but when he's out

Tegulover411

I'm giving him dusted cricket is that good for hm to ea, he also constantly opens and closes ha eyes with his legs tucked but will move around when I shut the lamp off.

Dee-Dee Idrais

All babies need time to adjust to a new home. Once he/she is convinced of the safety of the surroundings, things will be different. Dusted crickets are great, but they need variety. Try some fruits too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tegulover411

He refuses fruits, do you think I should move his cage into my room since I'm in there less. I held him for 30 minutes today it ended with him curled up on my neck, can I create a gradient in a ten gallon tank I'm getting a temp gun, thermometer, and hydrometer tomorrow for him also when will I be able to sex him

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980