• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Gravid Blue Tegu

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Our female is gravid and should lay any day!

IMG_0966_.jpg

IMG_0969_.jpg

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
KoreanDeathKid said:
can't wait for that beauty to lay and see those eggs to hatch :-D
I'll post lots of pics! Unlike some else we know! ;)

What sucks is I'm going camping with the Cub Scouts Saturday and Sunday. My wife will be home and I don't know if I should risk having her take the female out and transfer the eggs to the incubator. Bobby says they'll be fine if I leave them in the nest for a day or two.

I'm hoping she lays in the next day or 2. Then it's approx. 60 days before they hatch incubating at 90 degrees.

Azaleah

5 Year Member
Dave, are you planning on selling any babies? If so, I would like one, and would gladly come pick it up in person :)

PinkPunisher

5 Year Member
Dave I've got an idea on how i can get the blues! You ship me some eggs like 1 or 2. I have a incubator ready for the eggs when i get them i put them in the incubator and then they hatch and i have 1 -2 baby blues! :D We make sure you ship them over night and have a heat pack in with them, then just to my door and i pay at my door. I can't see it being illegal to ship eggs across right?

Spencer :p

Kazzy

5 Year Member
They would die in transit, as they would certainly get turned. Reptile eggs shouldn't be turned, unlike bird eggs.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
PinkPunisher said:
Dave I've got an idea on how i can get the blues! You ship me some eggs like 1 or 2. I have a incubator ready for the eggs when i get them i put them in the incubator and then they hatch and i have 1 -2 baby blues! :D We make sure you ship them over night and have a heat pack in with them, then just to my door and i pay at my door. I can't see it being illegal to ship eggs across right?

Spencer :p
I'm sure they would die in transit.

From what I've heard there are few few fertile Blue Tegu eggs laid. Hopefully 2 or 3 weeks after we get eggs we'll be able to see veins.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Kazzy said:
They would die in transit, as they would certainly get turned. Reptile eggs shouldn't be turned, unlike bird eggs.

That is somewhat true, but only after the embryo attaches to the wall of the egg in reptiles (usually within 3-4 days, but can be as soon as 24 hours). The embryo settles to the bottom of the egg with the air space at the top this is what we refer to as "sets". Each egg contains a yolk, amniotic fluid, and airspace. After this has happened, the eggs should not be turned.

This is often taken from people raiding nests like in the case of crocs and gators. Often times the eggs in these nests collected are well on the way to developing, and if turned the embryo will drown. Disrupting this interior arrangement can quickly lead to death of developing embryo.

PinkPunisher

5 Year Member
Darn, I guess I'll have to wait my turn for one to pop up. Anyways, good luck with the eggs Dave! :) Be sure to take lots of pics for me and every one else!

Spencer

Azaleah

5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
Azaleah said:
Dave, are you planning on selling any babies? If so, I would like one, and would gladly come pick it up in person :)
YES! You would be welcome to come in person.

How much are you thinking of selling them for? Will you hold one for me?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me