• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Guess how much money on food in 2008, Win a Tegu!!

ashesc212

5 Year Member
Well, I haven't had the pleasure of doing business with you yet so I'm not familiar with how many adult tegus you have. Assuming you do have 30 as someone else mentioned, I'm going to guess that they are up and being fed for about 27 weeks of the year. 30*7*27=$5,670. Now, I know you have more than 25 hatchlings but to balance everything out I'm going to assume that you have 25 hatchlings on any given day for the entire year. That's just a shot in the dark but going that low should balance out the fact that you don't have any for sale at this time of year. Anyway, 25*2*52= $2600. Additionally, I'm going to guess that maybe 6 of your adults don't hibernate for whatever reason. That said, I need to account for their food for the other 25 weeks of the year: 7*6*25=$1750. Now to add everything together: 5670+2600+1750= $9,320.

So, it may be a weak answer but this is my final answer: $9,320!!!!!!!! :fc

Aquai

5 Year Member
I have no idea how much food costs out there, and if i'm even legible for entry, but i'm gonna go with this math;

Approx 25 Adults @ $40 ea/mth
Approx 300 young @ $25ea/mth (but only 6 months worth)
Extra bit on top (just for good luck.

25x40x12= 12,000
300x25x6= 60,000

I'd say about $80,000

Edit; i forgot you hibernate your adults, so minus 3 months worth from the adults... $75,000

Kazzy

5 Year Member
Oops, sorry. Just meant to put a guess out there for the fun. If I win, the tegu will go to someone else of course.

Tux

5 Year Member
you guys have a flaw in your logic and I'm not telling where as this contest is open to me too :) I'll be the last to guess.

RehabRalphy

5 Year Member
Well, as far as I know, Bobby purchases his feeders. Though, I'm not sure how much he pays per. And, his tegus hibernate for quite some time as well. Maybe its not so expensive after all.

Spokompton

5 Year Member
Saw a post where he said it was cheaper to buy them than to raise them himself. Either way I took a shot in the dark. Probably should have waited until the end of march to guess and just split the difference where I thought it would be. =)

Kharnifex

5 Year Member
i'm gonna say 5,420.01

i know it'd cost a lot more, but i bet ole' bobby's got a few tricks up his sleeves to keep food costs down.

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
yea well you have to take into account, first off i heard its 60 adults or so not 30, and yes they hibernate for 7 months, but while they arent he feeds them EVERYDAY, ontop of that, he has holdbacks, yearlings, and 600 babies is what he sold last year...so he has some feeding to do. He mentioned it was more than the average person makes in a year, some guess are WAY off :D too late now though lol.

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
and also this is for BOBBY...some people are editing their posts? are you allowed to change the number ?

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
No , I don't recall saying that about the food, so no, and no they are not allowed to change the numbers.

Also the figures on adults are not correct, so I guess we will keep guessing because it would not be fair for me to correct anyone on the numbers of animals now.

And from this point on, no editing on this thread.

PinkPunisher

5 Year Member
Should I change mine back to what it was then? I'm not sure if anyone remembers but I had put $500,000.99 I willing to keep it at either, it doesn't matter to me because I can't win anyways lol

Spencer

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus