• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Guess the reptile!

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Oh yes, it is (Oligosoma otagense) or better known as the Otago Skink, correct?

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Re: colorful lizards!

MMRR - jif said:
whatami.jpg

Those little cuties are Holaspis duentheri, sometimes know as Rainbow Rock lizards or gliding lizards. My daughter keeps a pair of these and they are fun to watch.
We've got one of those!!! DANG he's fast!!! I named him Turbo!

MMRR - jif

5 Year Member
Geez, Bobby, I have no idea what that is but it's attractive.

I'm gonna add another lizard one. This critter is not available too often in the pet trade. They are a challenge to keep, at least in my experience, but I really like them.
30216P1010052.JPG

joshandjack

5 Year Member
VARNYARD said:
Here is another.

GGGGG.jpg

that is a callisaurous dracanoides or zebra tailed lizard. do you do a lot of herping in the southern california deserts bobby? i noticed, you posted a fringe toad lizard prior to this one, both species are really cool. a funny thing about these zebra tails is that they are super fast and they live out here by the sandy lake shores of pyramid lake nevada, anyway nutty shell of a story, you can trick them into running full speed into the water, where they just float on the surface and are super easy to catch.

joshandjack

5 Year Member
MMRR - jif said:
Geez, Bobby, I have no idea what that is but it's attractive.

I'm gonna add another lizard one. This critter is not available too often in the pet trade. They are a challenge to keep, at least in my experience, but I really like them.
30216P1010052.JPG

that one is a polychrus, im not sure what species though, maybe marmoratus.

MMRR - jif

5 Year Member
Polychrus marmoratus is correct. I really like this species but, unfortunately, have had a bad experience keeping them. Someday I may try again if anyone has any luck captive breeding them.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
joshandjack said:
i think its a haitian curlytail lizard, but it might be another species from the same family.

I think you are correct, they are now found in south Florida as well.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
More or less correct! I googled Northern Curly Tail Lizard but the are pretty much the same thing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus