• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

harmful substrates.....

KSTAR

5 Year Member
I over heard a little while ago that if moss is eaten by a tegu..the tegu won't suffer from being impacted...is this true? I thought if a tegu ate any substrate it will suffer from being impacted....

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
KSTAR said:
to laurafl : how did you apply the matamucil to your tegus diet? and what form did you buy cause i know it comes in powder and capsules..did the meatmucil help you tegu got to the bathroom or stop eating the substrate?
I forgot about that! I did add a powdered laxative to our male Blue's turkey a couple of times when he was impacted. I wish my brain didn't have so many holes in it!!!!!!!!!! :doh

hoosier

5 Year Member
VARNYARD said:
I have never had a problem with tegus trying to eat the bedding, so this is a new one on me. I have heard of tegus eating stones too, but I have never seen my tegus trying to eat them. :chin

mine has never tried to eat his bedding but for some dumb reason every time hes outside, he tries to eat a rock. i really dont know why :crazy

KSTAR

5 Year Member
ok I found some metamucil that's in a powder form but its orange flavored...does that matter? and also how much metamucil do I apply to his ground turkey?

KSTAR

5 Year Member
GREAT NEWS!!!! well guys i have great news...i re-did my blues enclosure with some new bedding...i used the reptile bedding that comes in a brick and i broke it up with hot water and he loves it...and he was digging it all up and most important..he pooped! :-D which means he didnt eat the bedding and hes not impacted :-D i wanna thank you all who helped me and gave your suggestions and knowledge :-D and thanks BOOSTFEEN...lol

BOOSTFEEN

5 Year Member
no problem KStar you know im always here to help and at least now you know for next time which hopefully there isnt LOL

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Silly Tegu!!! Hopefully he learned his lesson and won't eat his substrate again. I'm sure you've got tastier things for him to eat!

Just keep that stuff moist, otherwise it's get dusty and he'll be breathing it in.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980