• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Has anyone else seen this sad video?

Leonidas21

5 Year Member
This video shows a dog eating a tegu on youtube? just wondering if anyone else has seen it.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MO6x4G3RgE&feature=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MO6x4G3 ... re=related</a><!-- m -->

homer

5 Year Member
check this one out too.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT7foTP-r0Y&feature=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT7foTP- ... re=related</a><!-- m -->

we need to find these guys and put them in a cage with 20 komodo dragons

Beazer

5 Year Member
Spread a rumor in South America that they are sacred animals from God and blessed by Mary or bare marks of the Virgin Mary.... $10 says they will leave it alone out of superstition.

-Jon DeLong

crimsonrazac

5 Year Member
I honestly see where you guys are comming from but in the first video whats the diffrence between that and feeding a mouse to a tegu?

Schnab

5 Year Member
Don't people eat tegus in South America? I know to us, it seems cruel but we're the ones who domesticated one of their side orders..

I'm ok with it, aslong as they do that kind of stuff over there. But if some local guy fed his tegu to his dog, then the dog and guy would have another thing coming.

Schnab

5 Year Member
crimsonrazac said:
I honestly see where you guys are comming from but in the first video whats the diffrence between that and feeding a mouse to a tegu?

I agree.

LouDog760

5 Year Member
I agree Schnab. My mom used to eat Green Iguanas back in Panama when she was a teenager. She told me she wouldn't do it now tho lol.

jmiles50

5 Year Member
Is it sad? Yes, I think it's sad, but it's because I have 1 as a pet like most everyone here. The thing is, these animals are pests and a food source in other cultures. Hindu's believe the cow is sacred, but we raise and slauter these animals by the millions. It's all about your culture, and how you are raised. I was raised to love and enjoy animals, but I know plenty of people who weren't. To my grandfather's generation animals(with the exceptions of dogs or cats) were food. Just remember, because people in other culture believe certain things it doesn't make them bad :)

homer

5 Year Member
yea but the problem is, especially in the video i posted is that they are just torturing them to death..we dont torture cows before we eat them (despite the 1 PETA video you see on the internet) that doesnt happen regularly

jmiles50

5 Year Member
That's very true, but I just saw the dog going at it! Honestly, our slaughter house are pretty vicious!!! I've video and other study that will keep you from sleeping at night!

Jer723

5 Year Member
i agree with everyone somewhat, but the truth is, that there is no way to change those people, if u said to someone in south america, Hey stop eating tegus! do you think they would listen? probably not, thats like saying to americans. you cant have that cheeseburger! nobody is going to listen, just like jmiles said, its just the way they were brought up. and odds are that they arent going to change. thats just my 2 cents guys.

Jerry

Leonidas21

5 Year Member
I cant even imagine what other stuff people do to tegus, there probally so many that are being tortued before being eating. Sad thing.

Rybe

5 Year Member
Who films something like that?! There not animal lovers! I know its nature but to watch it and enjoy it enough to share it with the world is sick!!

All_American

5 Year Member
Beazer said:
I highly doubt these animals were eaten.

Tegu's at one time in the 50's were highly prized for their hides for use in making wallets and purses... Im sure south american tribes still eat these too.

It all boils down to location of where one lives and has been brought up. Remember one of the most common pet (dog) is eatin in many places around the world.

Just food for thought, NO punn intended

adzcarne&amp;natz

5 Year Member
Been reading the replys on here and see it from both sides, but from my point of view bcuz i have them as part of my family i just find it upseting, the same as if it were a dog or snake.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980