• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Has anyone else seen this sad video?

Suzanne

5 Year Member
jmiles50 said:
Is it sad? Yes, I think it's sad, but it's because I have 1 as a pet like most everyone here. The thing is, these animals are pests and a food source in other cultures. Hindu's believe the cow is sacred, but we raise and slauter these animals by the millions. It's all about your culture, and how you are raised. I was raised to love and enjoy animals, but I know plenty of people who weren't. To my grandfather's generation animals(with the exceptions of dogs or cats) were food. Just remember, because people in other culture believe certain things it doesn't make them bad :)

You have a point however, if you are going to kill it just do it and get it over with. There's no need to torture the animal.

What the f@#% is up with posting a video on youtube of this kind of crap anyway!

I think I'm going to throw up.

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
It really isnt all that messed up, the tegu in the first video appears to be dead to be the entire time, I feed my tegus rats twice a week that are alive and they have a worse death than that tegu just did, am I messed up for that? No I dont think so at all, I do it just as its done in the wild...and rats are a dime a dozen in the US, as tegus are in South America. Tegus are a food source and also make shoes and clothes out of them, so to them it is just like americans shooting a squirrel with a bee bee gun, its almost normal. Everyone has good points, but I deff wouldnt hate on them for filming that, its normal, and we film tegus/snakes eating live/dead rats, its the exact same thing. My 2 cents.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980