• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

hello my name is melanee and my columbian tegu is anubis;]

reptilecrazy666

hello my name is melanee im new here. I have a columbian named anubis and i had a quick question about sexing. there is a bump on each side of the bottom of his tail. does this mean hes 100% a male cuz thats what they told us he was when we got him was male so im just wonderin ^^

Attachments

• anubis.jpg
    anubis.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 10

m3s4

Aardbark said:
Thats one wide eyed tegu. Welcome to the forum.

Yea I can imagine he's wide-eyed because he's scared. That pinky-mouse on his head might be a clue to his current state of mind don't ya think?

On a side-note - I have no idea why the OP would want to take a picture like this in the first place - but then again I also have no idea why she'd want to end her user name in "666" and name her tegu after an Egyptian God of the afterlife, either.

Add it all up and the picture pretty much speaks for itself.

Maybe treat your tegu with a little more respect?

Lunaire

m3s4 said:
Aardbark said:

Yea I can imagine he's wide-eyed because he's scared. That pinky-mouse on his head might be a clue to his current state of mind don't ya think?

On a side-note - I have no idea why the OP would want to take a picture like this in the first place - but then again I also have no idea why she'd want to end her user name in "666" and name her tegu after an Egyptian God of the afterlife, either.

For someone talking about respect, I find it very rude of you to judge both her username and who she decided to name her tegu after. Also, talking about the OP in third person, also... rude.

Welcome to the forum as well. He or she is very cute.

reptilecrazy666

Lunaire said:
m3s4 said:
Aardbark said:

For someone talking about respect, I find it very rude of you to judge both her username and who she decided to name her tegu after. Also, talking about the OP in third person, also... rude.

Welcome to the forum as well. He or she is very cute.

well anubis wwas scooching the pinkie to actaualy put it on his head i just helped him out and idk why u gata judge me like that you dont kno me you dont kno what my tegu does he had it partly up his head already and i thought it was cute so i took a picture

got10 said:
dragonmetalhead said:
Anubis is a cool name.

I think so too

thank you very much ^^ il just try to ignore all the rude comments i picked anubis because i love egyptian mythology and hes crazy acting so it fits i love him so much ^^

Aardbark

5 Year Member
Baby tegus are always wide eyed. Mine still is when I take pictures, she doesnt like the camera flash. I just thought it was funny.

Alldaytegus

m3s4 said:
Aardbark said:

you are very rude...that tegu looks healthy and unless you know whats going on in the picture then dont leave comments like that..also being judgemental is rude if you dont like the pic or her username then dont say anything at all since it has nothing to do with you.....great looking tegu by the way :)

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
I have no clue as to why it's viewed as offensive to attempt to explain that normally a tegu would EAT the mouse, not enjoy having it put on his head(which I doubt he did). Please work on your grammar and spelling Reptilecrazy666. Your posts are incredibly hard to understand. Lunaire, how is it rude to refer to the OP in the third person when responding to someone else's post? In case you don't understand the concept of quotations, M3S4 was responding to the post "Aardbark Wrote: Thats one wide eyed tegu. Welcome to the forum." M3S4 was not responding to the OP's original post so it would make no sense if he was asking Aardbark about her user name and tegu name choice, so he commented on it using the third person, as he should have...

got10

m3s4 said:
Aardbark said:

Can I ask you what in the world are you talking about? She has every right to name her lizard anything in the world that she feels and why is your name what it is , Huh? Take a chill pill and fall back and help instead of trying to spout off nothing but empty sounds.And mr/s all knowing adviser here, if you got info for her kick it to her . The picture does speak for itself and it speaks volumes of someone who CARES for the animal they have. Don't be a cyber thug. Very ugly quality to have
pS I own about thirty lizards right now and all have names. And believe me all my names are NOT unique .there are people that have animals with same names as mine as well as people that have same names as others in the towns they live in . SO your statement was just like a beach ball = NO POINT!!

Lunaire

TegusRawsome80 said:
I have no clue as to why it's viewed as offensive to attempt to explain that normally a tegu would EAT the mouse, not enjoy having it put on his head(which I doubt he did). Please work on your grammar and spelling Reptilecrazy666. Your posts are incredibly hard to understand. Lunaire, how is it rude to refer to the OP in the third person when responding to someone else's post? In case you don't understand the concept of quotations, M3S4 was responding to the post "Aardbark Wrote: Thats one wide eyed tegu. Welcome to the forum." M3S4 was not responding to the OP's original post so it would make no sense if he was asking Aardbark about her user name and tegu name choice, so he commented on it using the third person, as he should have...

Sigh. You can debate all you want that he was referring to Reptilecrazy666 as a third-person because blahblahblah (despite clearly stating "on a side note") - but what was more important and brazenly obvious is the tone of his "welcome" to Reptilecrazy666; it was judgmental and uncalled for. And to prove it, it already brought about something I am sure none of us wanted to happen here in a friendly tegu forum; a newcomer feeling unwelcome and upset: link

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I'm just reading this thread for the first time. wow. I'm sorry you did not receive a warm welcome, Melanee. Well...welcome to the forum! Nice looking tegu. Having two bumps on each side of the vent is an indicator of being male, but you have to be sure that they are round little buttons and not part of the pelvic girdle that you are feeling.

TheTeguGurl

WElcome to the group Melanee.. Sorry some dumdum was rude to you.. LOVE this pic very cute.. And I also love Egyptian myth ... All my Tegus are named of the Norse mythology...He is super cute too

reptilecrazy666

and as weird as this sounds anubis doesnt really like mice/pinkies or anything the woman i like rescued him from kept him in a rabbit cage no lights or anything and never fed him pinkies only mealworms he eats some veggies but no much all he will eat is dusted meal worms and wax worms gah :p so whenever i try and giv him a pinkie he scooches it on his nose its adorable :p very odd but adorable and whoever does not believe me i am sorry.but i am telling the truth:]

got10

Have you tried to give him roaches? I have found my picky eating guys will take roaches like candy . I think it might be due to the fact they scurry like mad around the bowl and cage

m3s4

reptilecrazy666 said:
and as weird as this sounds anubis doesnt really like mice/pinkies or anything the woman i like rescued him from kept him in a rabbit cage no lights or anything and never fed him pinkies only mealworms he eats some veggies but no much all he will eat is dusted meal worms and wax worms gah :p so whenever i try and giv him a pinkie he scooches it on his nose its adorable :p very odd but adorable and whoever does not believe me i am sorry.but i am telling the truth:]

First of all, my apologies for jumping the gun on your user and Colombian name.

Just understand that both hold significant luciferian value. I could tell you all about it. I could go on an on about Osiris, Isis, Anubis and many others, along with the satanist occult following that still use Egyptian architecture, numerology and astrology to this very day. But I won't. It isn't the time nor place to discuss it. Just don't take my word for it - you can look it all up and find what I am saying valid and very real.

Same with the numerical value 666 - some say a variant is 616. Despite what others might say, it is highly recognized as the number of the beast in the New Testament Book of Revelations. Also:

Identification by gematria:
"Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: His number is 666." (Rev.13:18-NKJV)

Again, this is not a spiritual or theological class or lecture. I'm not trying to condemn or judge you AT ALL. However, when someone, anyone is using names and numbers that carry heavy luciferian value and I recognize it, I'm going to say something because IT MATTERS to everyone involved and that is simply the truth. Again, don't take my word for it. If there is more you would like to know about what I just stated, I would be happy to supply you with tons of links, book, videos and personal accounts so that you may find the truth yourself.

Now then, getting back to your tegu. He's a great looking Colombian and it's awesome to see more and more people adopting and re-homing. Although he'd rather make friends with the pinky-mice, he's almost too small to take one anyways haha. As for the meal worms, they're an ok food choice but because of their hard-exo skeleton shells which are hard to digest, compaction can occur. Crickets with a side of meal-worms would be ideal.

If you haven't tried eggs or turkey yet, both are great not only now but in the future. There are a number of great feeding links to be found all over this site and if you have any questions regarding tegu food(s), pls post and any number of qualified tegu keepers will assuredly help you including myself.

Sorry we got off on the wrong foot. Welcome to the board, enjoy your stay here and stay blessed!

-tommy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980