• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

How long will this last for my tegu

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
I saw an AWESOME beautiful water monitor at zoo creatures when I got my tarantula. I think it needs adoption. It's huge and gorgeous

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
BatGirl1 said:
I saw an AWESOME beautiful water monitor at zoo creatures when I got my tarantula. I think it needs adoption. It's huge and gorgeous

Are you familiar with Regal Reptiles in I think Providence, RI? I was there a few years ago and it seemed like a good place.

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
To be honest, the only species of monitors that could live their whole lives in an 8 by 4 by 4 are the dwarf species, a Savannah, or a Flavi. Any of the others need more space than that in my opinion.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I was looking at a Flavi cross, but not sure if the girl will still have it when I am ready. If I get something bigger the 8x4x4 will be temporary.

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
I have never been to regal...no. and the reason i mentioned the water one is zoo creatures often tries to sell things people are not taking care of to good homes. They also have a stunted gator they wish someone could give a good home. I wish I could take them all which is why I could never work at a shelter...haha. i'd be over run and have to live in a shack outside so all the animals could have rooms in my house... :)

Deac77

5 Year Member
james.w said:
I was looking at a Flavi cross, but not sure if the girl will still have it when I am ready. If I get something bigger the 8x4x4 will be temporary.

High yellow water from vital kris is about to hatch out a ton!! Can't go wrong ;) go big or go home!

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
12x8x8 or so cage for an adult male in my honest opinion. I guess smaller for a female but not too much. We're talking about an animal that could hit 9 feet. All I'm saying is if you wanna go big the cage dang well better match the animal.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Not for the prices he is asking. I'll pass. I have a 12x10 room that I plan to dedicate to reptiles or a reptile if I decide on something that will need all the space.

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
I would love to just make a whole room into a habitat...i have 3 rooms dedicated to other species right now, though... 2 teenagers (daughter and son) and a 23 yr old son :)

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
BatGirl1 said:
I would love to just make a whole room into a habitat...i have 3 rooms dedicated to other species right now, though... 2 teenagers (daughter and son) and a 23 yr old son :)

I freed up a room occupied by a 19 year old by sending him to the Navy. Now I have a free room and the navy is paying for his college.

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
Re: RE: How long will this last for my tegu

Dubya said:
BatGirl1 said:

I freed up a room occupied by a 19 year old by sending him to the Navy. Now I have a free room and the navy is paying for his college.

Perfect idea

from Samsung Galaxy S3

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
BatGirl1 said:

I can't believe you have a 23yr old son. In your avatar picture, your finger seems so youthful.

Deac77

5 Year Member
james.w said:
Not for the prices he is asking. I'll pass. I have a 12x10 room that I plan to dedicate to reptiles or a reptile if I decide on something that will need all the space.

They are kinda pricy luckily we know him ;)

When I get my water ill have a room converted into a zoo style exhibit until I can do that I have Kirby

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Re: RE: How long will this last for my tegu

Dubya said:
BatGirl1 said:

I can't believe you have a 23yr old son. In your avatar picture, your finger seems so youthful.

Actually, dubya, that is not my 'real ' hand. I always use a stunt double for such things... but thanks for the compliment. I'll pass it on to "inga "...she'll be flattered. :) heh heh

... and i soooooo can't wait to have a 'reptile room ' . That would be a dream come true. :)

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Deac77 said:
james.w said:

When I get my water ill have a room converted into a zoo style exhibit until I can do that I have Kirby

Can you get me one at a better price??

Deac77

5 Year Member
james.w said:
Deac77 said:
james.w said:

Can you get me one at a better price??

I might be able to let me see once they hatch he's sold out of the first clutch ill see what I can do haha

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980