• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

I'm researching Argentine and Colombian tegus (Meet Kreacher!)

ReptiFiles

Hi everyone!

My name is Mariah, and I'm the author/researcher behind ReptiFiles.com. I've been developing a care guide on Argentine (Salvator) and Colombian (Tupinambis) tegus. It's almost complete, but I would really appreciate some feedback on the information if any here are willing to give it a look-through:

https://www.reptifiles.com/colombian-argentine-tegu-care/

I only have about 2 months of hands-on tegu experience, so insights from the more experienced keepers would be great.

Speaking of Kreacher, here he is (the scar is from a burn accident with a former owner):

IMG_8619 by Mariah Healey, on Flickr

IMG_8609 by Mariah Healey, on Flickr

Thanks in advance!

Guman

Nice resource page. Here is just my two cents...

1. From my understanding sexual maturity in lizards has more to do with snout to vent length and less to do with age? If I am correct would be nice to add that information.

2. Please stress more about the need to feed whole prey to meet the ca+ needs. I would love to see this on your page.

3. Last, since you have linked to Tagus around the world about MBD it would be nice if you would give the original researcher credit for their work. (Since Tagus around the world did not credit the origional source). Just a thought to help add credibility to your page.

I will do an additional post to give you the APA citation for the original information. The way Tegus around the world has it makes it plagiarized! In addition if you would like to read the full article minus pics. Please see my post MBD & prolapse.

Other wise looks nice! Thank you so much for adding so much to the tegu community!!!!

Guman

Here is the citation.

The reason I suggest this is bc it is hard to find scholarly work that is evidence baced and peer reviewed for the general population of care givers. First, giving credit is the right thing to do. Second, as hobbyist it lets us know were we can find more information. The book used is scientifically based.

Mader, D.; et al. (2005). Renal disease in green iguanas and other reptiles (kidney disorder). In S.J. Divers & D. Mader (Eds.) Reptile medicine and surgery. Elservier. Retrieved from http://tegusformaroundtheworld.weebly.com/mdb--metibolic-bone-disease.html

This way if we have other question we can turn to this book.

ReptiFiles

Thank you so much for your feedback! You made good points, and I've happily made adjustments to the guide.

I've been making more of an effort lately to prevent plagiarism and enhance ReptiFiles' credibility through sources, but for one reason or another I'm not always able to find the supporting research associated with the information. Thank you for looking out for me!

Guman

Awsome! I agree it is hard to find credible sources are find were the original idea came from. Trust me I have been looking. Maybe let people on the sight know you would like to track the original work down. Then slowly people can help you find the information. I just happen to know this one because I have been doing a good amount of MBD research due to my ill Ragu.

One source down . Keep up the great work! Have a blessed day.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602