• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Is this Normal for a tail to look?

saurus172

During a bathtub taming session with Mori (which went great, first time I could hold them without them struggling and I think they're finally calming down), I noticed that their tail is weird in a way. It's full length, after the base quarter or so, there's a spot where the tail suddenly gets a bit thicker and then just tapers down as normal.
There is no heat or sign of any pain that Mori has when I gently touched or squeezed the area, and causes no sign of obvious limitations to the tail (Mori has semi-whipped at me a few times in the past and whipped at the store staff when I first got them).
The image was taken just after the bathtub session with a little soak/swim as Mori is near the end of shedding.
20201026_152727.jpg

Member1421

Any change? Perhaps a stuck round of shed was preventing growth? Helps to update status on questions asked so people who might not have an answer can learn something..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam