• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Looking to get a Rhino Iguana - Questions

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
So I've been looking into it. Got the space outdoors to house several more rock iguanas with no problems - I'd have to build some new enclosures. But I've been trying to find some solid breeders. I know Ty has some for sale, so does Drsam (Florida Iguana and Tortoise Farm, or whatever it's called), but I was thinking to get a Russets and the only breeder I know of that produces those is Rob Ehrig, so can anyone hand me his details i.e., phone number/email so I can look into it some more. Any tips or info would be much appreciated. Money is not an issue.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I had his number, but not sure what I did with it. I know Ben Siegel often has rhinos from Rob, but with his current situation not sure if he would have anything.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
james.w said:
I had his number, but not sure what I did with it. I know Ben Siegel often has rhinos from Rob, but with his current situation not sure if he would have anything.

Thanks James. If you happen to find it, please do PM me, no rush/worries. I remember Ben having them in the past but you're right, with his whole situation, I'd rather avoid doing business with him until things have cleared up.

RobK.

TeguBuzz said:
So I've been looking into it. Got the space outdoors to house several more rock iguanas with no problems - I'd have to build some new enclosures. But I've been trying to find some solid breeders. I know Ty has some for sale, so does Drsam (Florida Iguana and Tortoise Farm, or whatever it's called), but I was thinking to get a Russets and the only breeder I know of that produces those is Rob Ehrig, so can anyone hand me his details i.e., phone number/email so I can look into it some more. Any tips or info would be much appreciated. Money is not an issue.

I thought Ty had some Russets ?? Only seen one with big horns , if that matters . ??

not sure if he has any large enough to breed ?

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=286372204777994&set=pb.100002156515197.-2207520000.1354529511&type=3&theater

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=266279093453972&set=pb.100002156515197.-2207520000.1354529604&type=3&theater

someone has a adult male for sale on Fuana classifieds

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=357793

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Thanks Rob, Ill have to give Ty a ring then. I saw the large male for sale but Id rather purchase a juvenile!

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
RobK. said:
any luck ?

Spoke with Ty. He has a 3 year old male I will probably end up purchasing. Hes traveling on a business trip now so I won't hear from him till next week! Gives me time to build an enclosure.

RobK.

TeguBuzz said:
RobK. said:
any luck ?

Spoke with Ty. He has a 3 year old male I will probably end up purchasing. Hes traveling on a business trip now so I won't hear from him till next week! Gives me time to build an enclosure.

I talked to hime a while back and was very impressed . very nice guy .

is it one of these ?? one in the middle looks like a male to me .

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=286372204777994&set=pb.100002156515197.-2207520000.1354529511&type=3&theater

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Actually Rob it's not a russet that I'm getting. This is the picture of the male ill be getting from Ty, he sent me this picture today. 3 year old male.

[attachment=5910]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354840877.207897.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354840877.207897.jpg
    337.5 KB · Views: 32

RobK.

TeguBuzz said:
Actually Rob it's not a russet that I'm getting. This is the picture of the male ill be getting from Ty, he sent me this picture today. 3 year old male.

very nice . is he tame ?

when is he being shipped ?

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
RobK. said:
TeguBuzz said:

very nice . is he tame ?

when is he being shipped ?

He's not tame. Only use to people putting his food in. I think I'm going to buy David Blair's adult absolute tame male, he's a little more expensive but it'd be worth it. I'm gonna have the new enclosure finished by December 17th and I'd have the iguana by the 18th. Dimensions will be 14x7x6 ft.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Right now, we're having a real warm winter. Today the high was 91, settled at around 82 and right now as we speak its 76. I ordered pig blankets by KANE and they should be coming in soon this week incase it gets too cold. Meanwhile, I have huge 3ft heat lamps that I use for myself beside their hide, they came in handy a couple weeks ago when it dropped to 47 at night.

RobK.

[
[/quote]

He's not tame. Only use to people putting his food in. I think I'm going to buy David Blair's adult absolute tame male, he's a little more expensive but it'd be worth it. I'm gonna have the new enclosure finished by December 17th and I'd have the iguana by the 18th. Dimensions will be 14x7x6 ft.
[/quote]

I thinks it a good idea getting a tame one . OR we may end up calling you stumpy or nine fingers tegubuzz . LOL Now you need a female !!:)

TeguBuzz said:
Today the high was 91, settled at around 82 and right now as we speak its 76.their

we aren't getting the snow we need . i hope its not another drought year . we are getting rain which is good . now we need snow on top of it and we will be good this spring , water wise .

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Haha yea Id like to keep my fingers. I almost lost my pinky to a wild snapper while herping half a year ago, it all got stitched back up and has healed nicely. The male David has is listed for a high price but would be very well worth it.

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
Rob, we aren't having a whole lot of snow here in Montana yet either. We did get a bit last night though. Yeah, I would say that the extra money is worth it to not deal with a large aggressive lizard.

Skeetzy

Not sure if you're still looking, but....

I can't get a direct link for you, but that should show you everything you need. Exotics Plus on FB from Maine.

Upon further investigation, www.exoticsplus.com and seems like they're opening in NH not Maine.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1354990648944.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354990648944.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 16

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Skeetzy said:
Not sure if you're still looking, but....

I can't get a direct link for you, but that should show you everything you need. Exotics Plus on FB from Maine.

Upon further investigation, www.exoticsplus.com and seems like they're opening in NH not Maine.

Thanks for the link bud. But I've decided to purchase David Blair's male. Just gotta wait for the enclosure to finish.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Decided to purchase the male Ty offered me instead. After thinking things through, I'd rather obtain a 3 year old as opposed to a 25 year old (the one David has). Taming shouldn't be too hard and ill be sending Ty the money on the 13th of this month. Enclosure should be done the 17th so id have the rhino by the 18th.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam