• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Lucky (Pics!) UPDATE

ashesc212

5 Year Member
Re: Lucky is approx. 4' long (update)

Hi Dave,

Yes I do have an update. Sorry I haven't been around in a while but I decided to go back for my MBA (while I wait for the economy to recover) and I've been really busy in this program.

So Lucky is 4' long and 3.5 lbs now. Here's are 2 pics of him with the dragons:

6369_111008219840_503769840_1873195_436504_n.jpg

6369_111008234840_503769840_1873197_5682538_n.jpg

He's still being treated by a vet for the diarrhea issue. Unfortunately he has been on medicine for 2 months. The problem seems to be getting better but it's taking a while. His kidney and liver had some issues which was causing some sort of backup (I don't know all the technical details). His calcium to phosphorus ratio was off. That was surprising too, considering I supplement him with calcium all the time. However, the phosphorus was still too high relative to the calcium.

I'll try to keep everyone updated more often.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I can't see the pics at work. 4 feet long!! He must have a tail a mile long!

That's a really odd condition he's got, it must be related to his diet or something local to you.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
ashesc212, you need to throw that stuff away, get some Repti-Calcium without D3 by zoo-med, it is much better stuff.

ashesc212

5 Year Member
I used to use the Zoomed with D3 for one of my beardies. I thought it was making his urates too hard. -but I could have been over supplementing so I'll try to get my hands on some Zoomed w/o D3 for the tegu.

THanks for the advice.

Jer723

5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
White Plains show coming up this Sunday!!! We'll be there for supplies.

what time are u going dave? that way we can meet up. =P hope to see you there ;)

leoares27

5 Year Member
i hope your tegu gets better!

can someone fix my display....it shows last post first...it drives me crazy...i need first post first!
my tegu is about 3feet 8inchs. close but no cigar lol

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Re: Lucky is approx. 4' long (update)

ashesc212 said:
So Lucky is 4' long and 3.5 lbs now. Here's are 2 pics of him with the dragons:

6369_111008234840_503769840_1873197_5682538_n.jpg
WOW!! He's huge!!! He dwarfs the Dragons!! It's hard to believe has had any kind of problem. Maybe he's eating too much and it's overwhelming his digestive system? He's got to be the biggest Blue I've seen and he's only 8.5 months old!!! Most of the others I hatched are around 3 feet.

ashesc212

5 Year Member
Mr. Platinum - Lucky is a boy.

Bubbategu - he's out in the sun the majority of the day from Friday to Sunday. He also has a new T-Rex MVB.

Dave - he does have a big appetite!

UPDATE: Good news - recent blood work came back and Lucky seems to be in the clear. All the negative values have been completely reversed. The vet wants him to stay on medicine for a few more weeks and then recheck the blood just to make sure he is stable. At this point the diarrhea is a result of the medicine, according the to doc.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam