• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

My Tegus big move

scotty93801

5 Year Member
I finished the Outdoor Tegu cage. They made the big move today
enjoy the pics .
100_0085.jpg

[/img]
100_0086.jpg

100_0087.jpg

[/img]
100_0088.jpg

[/img]
100_0092.jpg

scotty93801

5 Year Member
The cage is 20 feet by 16 feet should be plenty big enough.
It also has 2 hides that are 3 feet square by 18 inches tall.

AB^

5 Year Member
cool, do you have any pictures that show the entire thing??
also arent you concerned that they will scale that chicken wire on the inside walls? or is their some sort of lip at the top of the walls???

scotty93801

5 Year Member
It's just on the back side it also has a roof on it with chicken wire all the way to the top. Also Tegus are not known climbers.

AB^

5 Year Member
scotty93801 said:
It's just on the back side it also has a roof on it with chicken wire all the way to the top. Also Tegus are not known climbers.

True they arent arboreal, but they can (though not skillfully)and will climb on occasion.

scotty93801

5 Year Member
The red rescue is in there but she won't come out she just wants to hibernate she won't come out even when I had her inside with high heat. She just digs herself deeper in the cypress mulch.

scotty93801

5 Year Member
Scott, the wire goes from the borrom all the way to the top? If it does they can climb out.[/quote]
It's got corregated tin 3 feet all around the bottom. A 2-12 and chicken wire all the way to the top then the tarp for a roof .
We have Red-Tailed Hawks here and I didn't want to take a chance.
They have eaten a pet rabbit before .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus