• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Need ANY Tegu advice? I'm the expert!

Afternoon everyone,
If you haven't heard of me my name is Rachel. I have worked with reptiles since my first snake at 4 years old, 25 years later I am an environmental biologist who specializes in reptiles, entering my PhD next year in ecology (using climate change modeling to predict potential spread and growth of invasive reptile, amphibian, and aquatic invertebrate populations). My background ranges from genetics, fisheries management, toxicology, climate change, evolution, animal husbandry, and animal behavior.

I have worked with tegus for 10 years, and been a tegu mom for 7 years. I currently have 4 tegus; a male blue adult, a rescued invasive argentine female adult, a yearling chicaon, and a Hatchling Columbian. I have been trained in vetinary basics, and am currently finishing my own 2 year genetics study on tegus, comparing wild harvested, captive bred, and invasive Florida populations with blood and scale counts.

I am here to HELP, I have personally rehomed/rescued 6 tegus in the last 3 years...and I am TIRED of the abuse and neglect they and many other Herps suffer from the pet trade and irresponsible owners.

So...if your prepared to build a 4x6ft cage, commit to a 20-25 year life span, provide a varied diet/regular soaks/scheduled socialization..then a tegu is for you!

I have a 10 page caresheet my vet and I wrote to get you started, and I am available by email for ANY questions. I also can get you any tegu of any color from the 3 species in the pet trade (yes only 3 species of the 7 recognized Are in the pet trade!). I work with a network of 5 breeders, 3 whole salers, Florida FWC, and 2 trappers..so I have the ability to get you just what you want from a good source, and I do NOT take any profit...you pay what I pay+ship+tax. I only ship within the U.S., but as I live in Royal Oak MI I am only 20 minutes from the Canadian border for those of you over the river :)

Babies are currently available for pre-order, they hatch end of June-end of August.

Contact me first for info, make an informed decision, commit to these beautiful animals. And if you can't keep it FIND it a new loving home!

Here to help,

Rachel Pikstein
[email protected]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus