• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Need Help Candling Tegu Eggs (fertile or not)

felcona

hello everyone, i'm new here.
i've been keeping tegu for around 3 years. And i got lot of information from here (and yes i'm a silent reader and never join this forum before).

long story short, i manage to hibernate my tegus and mating them. on 27th of October, my female laid eggs. 29 in good shape, and 1 in bad shape. i incubate them on 30 C - 31 C. at first day, i tried candling them soon after laid but found nothing inside. now it is the 1st day i'm candling it. since information about tegu eggs is kinda hard to find in internet, i need help in candling those eggs. from what i read here, veins do not show on few days after egg laid. but i need to know if im put the egg facing on the right direction or not, and if those eggs are fertile or not.

here is picture of my tegu laying eggs
meMsv15.jpg

nJgyOL5.jpg

here is some of the eggs
YbuspUc.jpg

zGwl4SV.jpg

XkpYxYf.jpg

YqdHvOM.jpg

as for now, i put the eggs facing up like the picture no 3 and 4. i saw some ring but im not sure is it right or not. thank you for your answer, your help is really appreciated. Also im sorry if my english is bad, english is not my mother language.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hello Felcona,

In short, I've no experience in it. However, your temp is good. Also, do not turn eggs ever. You'll kill the developing embryo. Be careful then in lifting for candling. Incubation is 2-2.5 mo.

bocacash

5 Year Member
I would not advise that you candle...due to possibility of damage in handling. What is the point, anyway...incubate them all...fertile will hatch, others will not ! That's what happens naturally. :)

Roxy

hello everyone, i'm new here.
i've been keeping tegu for around 3 years. And i got lot of information from here (and yes i'm a silent reader and never join this forum before).

long story short, i manage to hibernate my tegus and mating them. on 27th of October, my female laid eggs. 29 in good shape, and 1 in bad shape. i incubate them on 30 C - 31 C. at first day, i tried candling them soon after laid but found nothing inside. now it is the 1st day i'm candling it. since information about tegu eggs is kinda hard to find in internet, i need help in candling those eggs. from what i read here, veins do not show on few days after egg laid. but i need to know if im put the egg facing on the right direction or not, and if those eggs are fertile or not.

here is picture of my tegu laying eggs
meMsv15.jpg

nJgyOL5.jpg

here is some of the eggs
YbuspUc.jpg

zGwl4SV.jpg

XkpYxYf.jpg

YqdHvOM.jpg

as for now, i put the eggs facing up like the picture no 3 and 4. i saw some ring but im not sure is it right or not. thank you for your answer, your help is really appreciated. Also im sorry if my english is bad, english is not my mother language.
Hi. I have a question sorry I can’t help I’ve never done it myself. Have you been able to handle your female after her egg laying. ? I’ve heard they can be very aggressive after that and I’m a bit confused. Do they mean aggressive forever. ? My tegus have. When together and enjoy each other I know one day no where soon they might mate but I don’t want to loose my pet to that. Has she been the same with you

Roxy

Nest guarding will wear off in a month or so.
Do this doesn’t mean I will loose her forever. Lol and also if she mattered one will she need to continue every year. I know he’s in heat or was but she seems shy and always laying under him out he’s always laying on top of her. Thank you so much for everything!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam