• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

NEW Red X Blue 25/75% makes 4!! DUW!

Beasty

5 Year Member
It's official!
After almost a month of waiting I finally swapped out my Dumeril's Boa(which cost me 5 mice I bred) for yet another tegu! It's a 75%/25% BlueXRed hatchling around 16-18 inches overall. It's in what appears to be good shape with one toe nip on the back foot being it's only flaw I can see. I'm hoping it will be the opposite sex of the 100% blue I have. I'm thinking Belle is female and they think this one is too. After getting it in hand for only a second, I think they may be right. We'll have to get some good pix of each and get second opinions. Either way, they look good and will be cared for. Who knows, I could find a boy later or just have Red/X/Blues one day. (not likely, but I plan on letting everyone play together eventually-never know) Ok! So now for the pix!

3-24-09box.jpg

Left side:
3-24-09-close-up.jpg

Right side:
3-24-09rtside.jpg

Full shot:
3-24-09full.jpg

Toe:
toe.jpg

Vent cell phone shot from seller: Boy or Girl?
0301091324_edited.jpg

rule6660

5 Year Member
Thats a nice looking 'Gu, Does anyone have any pics of an older RedXBlue??? Would love to see how they look!

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
Nice looking cross, Id like one myself. As for the boy/girl, from the picture the tegu is too young to tell, for me anyways...Bobby can sex pretty young but I think he would need to see the tegu in person at this age. But awesome tegu and I cant wait for adult pics :D

Beasty

5 Year Member
Thanks guys! I figured the vent shot was pointless as it's SO blurry but had to throw in in there. We'll get better pix soon for sure! Now for those extremes to wake up!
I got lucky I guess. Lil bucket head destroyed it's cage set-up today while I was @ the doctor. STILL awake at 10pm! Let's see if it'll eat! I''ll dig up the thread somewhere and show ya the Mom when i get more time. She's 50/50, dad is 100% blue, hence the 75/25 ratio.

MMRR - jif

5 Year Member
Cute little bugger! I had a pair of Red/Blue crosses come into rescue a few years ago and I adopted them both out. The male had a wicked evil temperament and the female was just ugly. Here is a photo of the male taken on the day he came into the rescue. These lizards were about 2.5 feet long.
fblue1.jpg

Beasty

5 Year Member
If I'm not sadly mistaken, this is a thread to the parents pix and ad for the babies. Mom is unusual looking for sure but I think the babies look pretty awesome. Mine is on the second page with missing toe.
He got crazy cheap on them before he was done!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117609" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/ ... p?t=117609</a><!-- m -->

Beasty

5 Year Member
I got "him" to eat today!
Though the tegu was active I found it to be quite skinny for my taste. When asked, the seller stated they don't feed before shipping. The tegu appeared to be using reserves in it's tail for some time as the pointy bones at the base were beginning to show a little and the belly was obviously empty. He looked like a tegu fresh from hibernation. In light of such,
I got "him" to eat today!
We started off with a live ASF pinkie to whet the pallet which he promptly found and gobbled down. Then I threw in a male Dubia which got played with quite a bit. I let that settle for a few while thawing a hopper ASF. When sufficiently warmed I offered the hopper on tongs which was readily accepted.
Here's a shot of it going down the hatch!

3-25-09.jpg

3-25-09-feeding.jpg

He seems to be showing even more blue than the 100% I have! I'll have to see if I can get a good shot of it here soon.

Beasty

5 Year Member
Still trying to get a true color shot. I'll have to play with lighting or hope we get warm enough weather to take them all outside for a walk and photo shoot.
I took this one today while feeding. It shows a bit more red than actual in person but I guess it is in there or the camera wouldn't pick it up. It seems blue is a hard color to capture.

3-27-09.jpg

Oh, it's 20 inches long. I measured everyone today.
That makes it my second largest tegu.

Beasty

5 Year Member
He's super chilled once out of the cage. He seems to need a bit of work yet but I see no problems taming this one. The lady I got him from had several children that must have terrorized him so he's a little apprehensive. He's wiggled his tail a bit I have seen while here and stood up tall and such too. BUT I still got him to come to me and walk onto my hand to get out. He'll be a breeze to get turned around.

nivek5225

5 Year Member
I'm jealous! I'm hoping to get a blue this coming season... cough davedragon cough lol or wherever else i can find a nice one. Will your hybrid most likely stay the size of a blue, or get bigger then most blues?

Beasty

5 Year Member
Well, that's hard to say. I would imagine it will stay about the size of a regular blue seeing it has more blue than red in it as the mother was a red x blue hybrid and the father was a blue. From what I understand, the male was close to 4 feet and the female had a regenerated tail so who's to say for sure how long exactly she would have been overall. So I'd say normal to slightly larger seeing dad was a big boy and mom was part red.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Old thread, I know, does anyone know where beasty got this tegu from? Or who the original breeder might have been?

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I saw that. I wasn't sure if any of the older members knew, I didn't join the forum until august '10 and I think beasty was gone by then

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It's one of your clutch mates from Javier the same as Txrepgirls Schatzi and Spatzi. From the looks of it,.. you got Beastys tegu. Can you post a top view pic of his back? It seems to match up with the second tegu missing a toe in the fauna ad on the second page.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yeah I'm at work right now but when I get home I will post the pics I have. If he's up tomorrow I'll try to get him out for a few more pics. I though they looked a little similar but it's hard to say since they change a bit as they get older. Mines got a few missing toes, I think he has one or two on his back feet but they could have been lost anytime. He's also got his battle scars :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980