• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

new trio coming soon!

Oddball

5 Year Member
So me and my boyfriend (lotsareps aka brad) have ordered a breedable trio (1.2 ratio) of yellow ackies and will be getting them this friday. the cage is being delivered tonight and will be totally ready for them when they get here. We are very excited to have new family members, especially awesome animals like ackies! I've already claimed one of the females to be named Dory and he gets the other two, probably Optimus Prime for the lone male, lol

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Did you buy them from Switzer Reptiles?? I've been looking at them but I want to get a trio of Reds from ProExotics next month.

hoosier

5 Year Member
both reds and yellows are really neat creatures. i love the varanids. Dave, proexotics is a really good place to buy. i have heard alot of good things about them. and if you did buy them from switzer oddball tell me how it goes. i have been looking to buy something from them.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I've heard alot of good about them also. I've emailed back and forth with Robyn a few times. I'm hoping to still have a job next month so I can get the Ackies.

I talked to Linda Switzer on the phone once. She seems very passionate about her reptiles.

Oddball

5 Year Member
she is ridiculously passionate about her reps, lol. and yes, we did get the yellow trio from switzers. we are both very excited, however our bank accounts aren't ^_^

lotsareps

5 Year Member
yeah no xmas shopping this year. bought myself the ackies hahaha. no unnecessary spending for a couple months.

pistolpete

5 Year Member
Switzer is where my brother picked up his ackies. he picked it up from them, and it is and was in great health when he got it.

hoosier

5 Year Member
thats good to hear. im thinking of getting something from them and im happy to hear that they are a good company to go through :-D

lotsareps

5 Year Member
they arrived safely! i'll take more pics tomorrow when i get the chance. these were from this morning before their basking spots were fixed up
ackie1.jpg

ackie2.jpg

lotsareps

5 Year Member
oh and the big one is named Yacko, the middle sized one Wacko, and the little one is Dot

10 points to anyone who remembers what that is from

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Awesome looking ridgetails, and Linda is awesome to deal with, she is always upfront on her animals. :)

lotsareps

5 Year Member
thanks!
the only thing that bothers me is Dot is a lot smaller than Yacko!
they get along well. theres no fighting but rather just a fun show with them running around.

should i move the smallest one out until its larger? i was told its a possible trio so i don't want to put it in any harm in case that one is female

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
lizardboy101 said:
U had to google that!!!!! That was one of my favorite shows
In '93 I was 30 years old and newly married. Watching cartoons wasn't on the top of my list. ;) The X Files and The Nanny premiered that year! Now "those" were entertainment!!! :mrgreen:

BSM

5 Year Member
good luck with them i was thinking about getting them but changed my mind and picked up 2 baby Argus.

lotsareps said:
thanks!
should i move the smallest one out until its larger? i was told its a possible trio so i don't want to put it in any harm in case that one is female

It depends how big a cage there in and how many basking spots there are. If your worried about it not eating enough you can tong feed that one in particular so you know it is getting food. if they due fight it is best to separate one to avoid serious injury.

Bryan

BSM

5 Year Member
good luck with them i was thinking about getting them but changed my mind and picked up 2 baby Argus.

It depends how big a cage there in and how many basking spots there are. If your worried about it not eating enough you can tong feed that one in particular so you know it is getting food. if they due fight it is best to separate one to avoid serious injury.

Bryan

lizardboy101

5 Year Member
Well the animaniacs was not JUST a cartoon...it was the most entertaining show of all times. lol. Btw the Ackies look REALLY good...I want one...could always help urself out and send me the small one :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980