• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Not sure what to do..

Nikki Gregory

Hey there, I’ll start off by saying thank you for reading and any advice given!
Ok so I had to leave my Guy with a friend for the last couple months be of an unexpected family matter in another state and didnt want to stress him out by packing him up and making him travel. Thinking I was doing better for him I think I messed up :/. He has regressed he used to be so sweet when getting out of his enclosure and now he starts spazzing out jumping everywhere and being nippy (top opening enclosure) and trying to jump out of the enclosure. Once out he’s ok. He eats and bathes and then hangs out with me on my bed. Think I can get him back to my sweet boy? If so any suggestions?

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yeah he'll chill out again after you expose him more and more. Just be patient with him and make sure you give him space when he needs it. He'll come around eventually.

LizardStudent

It sounds like it may not be that he regressed from being friendly but instead is just going through guberty, he's right around the age he should be for it. I would still recommend working with him, but it may be that he'll return back to your sweet boy once he goes through the motions. It can last a long time though

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
Sounds like your move coincided with a unique phase that they all go through, so no worries! Patience, intuition, and I think a side opening would do you better, where he could come toward the door of his own accord. Top openings are stressful to Tegu's because their most common prey attacks them from above.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980