• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Pictures!!!

Toby_H

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Bwindi said:
What's it like having the adult version of your former little dinosaur?

The short answer, it's incredible!

Bwindi said:
Do they keep a consistent demeanor?

Yes... but no... There has certainly been a consistency to his overall 'personality', yet at the same time he has 'evolved' over time as he matures and gets used to new or different things. Much in the same way you may see a person change over time.

Bwindi said:
Does there tend to be more dimensions to their "personality" as they grow older?

Yes, definitely! He quickly overcame the flighty nature all small things are born with. But his first year to year and a half he was overwhelmed with curiosity. Constantly exploring things and getting into EVERYTHING.

These days he is a lot less curious. When he roams the house now it is more like he is "patroling a perimeter" than he is "exploring the house". He does acknowledge new things and will usually climb anything new to the house and just sit on it.

He also clearly has different moods. At times he wants to be petted and will actually put his nose right in my hand to get me to do so, yet at other times he doesn't want to be touched and will shake his head and makes huffing sounds if I don't stop.

His 'desire' for human interaction is very very interesting. He commonly spends an hour or more climbing onto the couch, across my lap, off the arm of the couch, around my feet, back up on the couch, etc, etc, etc... At other times he will crawl onto the couch and just plop down on the cushin next to me. Not touching me, but just sitting next to me.

Bwindi said:
I am just so curious and excited. My gu' is going through a growth spirt now and these questions keep running through my mind.

As long as you spend ample time with him and keep him very tame, trust me, you won't be disappointed.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.