• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Power strips with digital timers

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
You should be able to find them at Home Depot, Lowe's, Harbor Freight, Wal-mart. That's where hubby gets his.

aambumann

laurarfl said:
You should be able to find them at Home Depot, Lowe's, Harbor Freight, Wal-mart. That's where hubby gets his.

Thank You, I should have probably asked, What manufacturer have people had experience with and which ones maybe to stay away from?

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I knew what you meant and prob should have answered better, lol. My husband works in IT and buys the cheaper ones. He says the higher priced ones don't necessarily function any better. I'll ask if he knows of any brands to stay away from in particular.

kim86

Don't buy the ones you find at pet stores, they're waaay overpriced. Any of the ones you can find at places like Home Depot have seemed to be good enough for me. Ones that have built in batteries are nice, so when you unplug the power strip for a few seconds, all of your settings aren't lost.

KABIKANO

Agree with both Laura and Kim above. Home improvement stores carry THE SAME EXACT one that the pet stores do. You know the one, half (4) of the outlets on timer and the other half controlled by the switch. Only major differrnces; 1. Pet store ones have 2 daytime and 2 nighttime outlets and the home improvement stores have all 4 on the same timer, basically I use them all as daytime. And 2. PET STORE ONES COST TWICE AS MUCH! Here in California, pet store timers=$40.00+ and home improvement=$19.00!!! FOR THE SAME DAMN THING! Krazy. Personally, I get more use out of the home improvement one kuz I don't need a nighttime heat source most of the year so more cages on one strip but for the few times it does get eh hem, cold here, I just get a couple strips to control them for nighttime timers only. Since you have more outlets available to you, you only need half the amount strips to control twice as many cages. Make sense?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tildaworkneh