• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

RIP Bacardi

got10

Very sorry for your loss. At least you were able to be in charge of the departure and not hit from left field with it

Aardbark

5 Year Member
I saw the title of this thread, and my heart sank. I wish there were words I could say to make things better. He was a great pet and a great friend. My heart goes out for you.

Logie_Bear

chelvis said:
For those interested in getting caiman lizards, this is not uncommon. The more owners I contact and exotic vets I talked to the more and more this comes up.

Is it linked with some sort of genitic issue or is it something that ever could have been prevented?

RobK.

sorry man !!

I lost my first rhino iguana , he wedged himself between his basking rock and wall and suffocated . only had him a month of so and he was already taming down . I could not even look at his photos or videos . BUT watching one die from illness is worse than a accident . Glad he's in no pain now . you did your best . Anything i can do let me know .

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
There is a chance that is linked to a filter malfunction that took place, the filter was only running for 20 mins for the day not the whole wake time cycle.

Thanks Rob you have been great through all this. I am leaning towards getting back on the horse and getting another, we'll see. There is a good looking blue female on fauna I am talking to the owner about getting, try and take my mind off all this.

txrepgirl

5 Year Member
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. May he R.I.P.

condolences.gif

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Thank you everyone. Just got Bacardi's remains and they took a casting of his little hands too. Man I miss that little guy.

IMG_6509.jpg

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
I have my ball python's ashes, too, and the rest of my critters are buried in our little pet cemetery in the backyard. We all know how much you loved him and I hope in time your heart will heal.

nessanicolle

aww, I know its kinda late but I'm sorry for your loss. I was actually reading this trying not to tear up and then i saw the casting and i couldn't help it. I know, i'm such a wuss :'P

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980