• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Searching for a baby a Tegu

TheVirus

5 Year Member
Hello!! I’m looking for reputable breeders of Argentine B&W Tegus. I need a baby male.

We are starting a small family reptile business and the Tegu will be our star lizard used for education/birthday shows.

I was torn between a rhino iguana and a tegu. I feel the tegu would be a better reptile ambassador. Do you agree? I need a larger “wow” factor lizard, and felt the tegu would handle the stress of noise, people, travel better than a rhino or monitor lizard.

Google gave me large scale reptile businesses. Do you guys know if they are any good? Should i just wait for my local reptile show (NYMetro)?Thanks! Tim

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hector's Habitat is a reputable breeder. Tegusonly traps mostly and some breeding. I have firsthand experience with tegusonly.

TheVirus

5 Year Member
Thanks for the reply. I got a baby from underground reptiles. It should be here in the morning. Im super excited!

BucknerCrestExotics

Underground is really good for tegus from what I hear so glad you got one there I haven't personally gotten one from them I am hoping this year to get a couple chacoans from them and maybe a payload baby from Rose city reptiles

Dragon392

I got mine from DynAnimal. Met the owner—nice guy, knowledgeable, and very passionate about tegus. My little guy is healthy, and has beautiful patterns.

Dylan koch

Great choice underground is amazing!! I breed but wont have babies till next year I currently have Argentine high white reds and a blue 100%het for albino paired with a blue ice 100%het albino so I'm hoping for a few albinos in my breeding next year

Dylan koch

I personally love blues and think they are best tegu for tameness of the bat with my personal experience mine are sweet hearts but working with my red I think they are currently going through tegu puberty they all the sudden got gruppy

Dylan koch

But the thing about getting wild caught you dont know their genetics if you plan on breeding. Alot of the so called black and whites truly are hybrids

DHoff24250

Hello!! I’m looking for reputable breeders of Argentine B&W Tegus. I need a baby male.

We are starting a small family reptile business and the Tegu will be our star lizard used for education/birthday shows.

I was torn between a rhino iguana and a tegu. I feel the tegu would be a better reptile ambassador. Do you agree? I need a larger “wow” factor lizard, and felt the tegu would handle the stress of noise, people, travel better than a rhino or monitor lizard.

Google gave me large scale reptile businesses. Do you guys know if they are any good? Should i just wait for my local reptile show (NYMetro)?Thanks! Tim
I got mine from Steven Atkins at Wildwood Reptiles in Florida. He was awesome to deal with. Got Baku last July and he is awesome. 5 out of 5 recommend.

TheVirus

5 Year Member
Hmmmm...unfortunate choice of member name !

Lol! I was going to have my user name Connection Reptiles, but it seems i signed up to this forum like 10 years ago. Clearly I’ve had tegus on my mind for quite awhile.

TheVirus

5 Year Member
I did!! He walks like he is brolic so we named him Brody.
ABC535B0-D011-4841-BD1E-BA8CEF118B8F.jpeg
6C5015E2-F8B6-4A2C-B03E-8487FCDF357B.jpeg
592263BD-7B5D-4E82-9125-168905D47F82.jpeg

TheVirus

5 Year Member
He is everything I read he would be. Fast growing, bottomless pit, and skittish!!

He is very food motivated. It’s amazing how much he has calmed and become accustomed to feeding. He will hide until he sees the feeding tongs. Then he comes to me instantly lol.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Remember, he's a funny-looking dog with or without lovingness.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980