• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Sexual Maturity

babieedeer

i’ve posted before a couple weeks ago because i adopted a 1.5 year old male Tegu.
he has warmed up nicely, however i do know he’s at his peak for sexual maturing/“puberty”. i was speaking to his previous owner, who also has been contacting his breeder to answer a couple of questions i had, but i have found the largest amount of advice on here so i wanted to throw a couple things/questions out in hopes of some insight.

has anyone experienced their male “sexual huffing”? he’s not mad, no negative body language, just walking on top of me and/or my husband (by his own choice), and huffing? his previous owner said it’s showing his “sexual attraction” / “happy time”, and that he may try to bite to latch on to me to try and mate? it sounded out there, but i wanted to see if anyone else has heard of this or experienced this. he’s never bit or tried to latch to her or myself, for sexual reasons or any reason at all, but due to him being at peak maturity, she is worried he could possibly do that. i’m just looking for a bit insight on it.

Thank you all!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980