• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

So, my tegu is very undersized.

Necrothos

My tegu is over a year old and is still at about 41cm. I do not know his sex yet, but I presume that he is a male due to the cloacal region.
A few things to note:
1 - Until 7 months I fed him mainly neonates, which don't have lots of calcium on them. After that, I started chopping up big mice and that's what he's been eating since. He has gained a lot of weight, but not much length. He's not even fully white yet.
2 - Due to the very bad schedule I had past year, I wasn't able to check on his shedding and he lost a few fingers. That's been fixed also, since my schedule gives me a lot of time to look at him now.
He is sitting under a ceramic heat lamp and a UVB 5.0 lamp, and even his bigger mice are now being supplemented with no D3 Calcium. Do yoy guys have any other tips to make him grow better? I am so offput by it. I wish I had been a better owner.

purplewombat

I feed mine 50% ground/chopped leftover meat (pork, chicken, hamburger, whatever), 15% chicken hearts, 15% chicken livers, 20% fruits and veggies all mixed together, plus about a teaspoon of Reptivite and a teaspoon of calcium (was less when he was smaller). As he gets older I will reduce the protein a bit, increase the plant matter. He has grown tremendously fast, go to his website to see his pics since I got him last September.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CupcaketheTegu