• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Substrate best suited for cleanliness (while maintaining overall needs)

marydd

Wow. I'm pretty sure we all get that paper is not a good idea but you can be helpful and informative without being sexist or rude.
I'm sorry for the lack of hospitality from some people that commented however they are correct that paper is not a good idea. I have heard of people using aspen. I have not tried it because I was afraid my tegu may eat it but you could look into and get some helpful responses from others.

marydd

I also recall in an issue of the Reptile Magazine suggesting 6 inches of wheat straw.
Hope this is helpful!

Al914

Wow. I'm pretty sure we all get that paper is not a good idea but you can be helpful and informative without being sexist or rude.
I'm sorry for the lack of hospitality from some people that commented however they are correct that paper is not a good idea. I have heard of people using aspen. I have not tried it because I was afraid my tegu may eat it but you could look into and get some helpful responses from others.
Thanks Mary....
What people need to understand is....
An idea is just an idea, until we find it to be wrong...
I am sure there were people who thought calcified sand for lizards was a good idea at one point (they even still sell it)...or which ever bedding is now known to be toxic...I'm sure that was used for a while until this was discovered...
But to go on a bash fest because it's a disagreeable idea, leaves a bad impression with how talks are handled here.

RickyNo

This is the problem with forums, people have 0 tolarance for ideas/thoughts they don't agree with
I said paper, as a suggestion...and I asked, because it was a thought... to immediately proceed to insult because YOU think it's weird, is why forums have bad reputations.
The purpose is supposed to be to help/discuss and share...
When you say a Tegu isn't for you.... well your mom should have killed you the first word you spoke, because odds are you didn't say that right...
Furthermore take a gander at the guidelines...
The goal of this Site is to provide a venue where the discussion of any and all topics relating to Tegus may take place. It is our aim to keep this site Family-Friendly, so that users of ALL age groups may participate.
Do not post anything blatantly rude, derogatory or insulting.

Spamming and trolling will not be tolerated.

Normally a Tegu is not someones first pet, and most Tegu owners do their research before they buy them. So when I hear shredded paper this flame bell just really rings my ears! Why you ask? Its a common sense thing :)

I was very lucky as a newborn. I was spared by my mother and she did not kill me after my mouth opened. Only the strongest boys are allowed to live, or else cast out into a giant never ending hole where I would plummet to my untimely death. I was raised to be a great King! LONG HAIL SPARTA!!!!

Al914

Normally a Tegu is not someones first pet, and most Tegu owners do their research before they buy them. So when I hear shredded paper this flame bell just really rings my ears! Why you ask? Its a common sense thing :)

I was very lucky as a newborn. I was spared by my mother and she did not kill me after my mouth opened. Only the strongest boys are allowed to live, or else cast out into a giant never ending hole where I would plummet to my untimely death. I was raised to be a great King! LONG HAIL SPARTA!!!!

Well lower the flame thrower, I didn't say I used it...I was asking if anyone has tried or thought of it.
Snakes (namely ball pythons) don't have newspaper in the wild, however I have seen many a breeder use newspaper... that's where the thought came from.

- Hah, okay well maybe we got off on the wrong foot... thanks for the input

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan