• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu Enrichment Ideas

jrdr374

While I was feeding Kitara out on the patio tonight, I found a piece of PVC pipe. It very quickly became a lizard toy!

What do you guys do to entertain your lizards? Anyone have any fun toys or puzzle balls? Feel free to try this out.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-11 at 6.29.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-11 at 6.29.29 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 41
  • Screen Shot 2021-09-11 at 6.29.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-11 at 6.29.46 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 38

Tiigu

My baby is entertained and "challenged" by putting an earthworm or other "treat" inside a small Kong dog toy. She rolls it around, can smell the treat, and has to figure out how to get it. Just gotta make sure the tegu can't swallow the whole toy!

Last edited:

AnimalNerd

Outside of his usual enjoyment just burrowing in blankets I take a cardboard paper towel tube and cut a round hole or 2 in it then put a treat inside like a reptilink or piece of fruit. My boy loves to chomp and shake them to get the treat out. They're kind of one use of course

Sean32817

I got Rex a tunnel in the form of a four foot long, eight inch diameter cardboard tube used for cement work - go into the concrete aisle in Home Depot and look where they have the rebar and other stuff.

He loves crawling back and forth through it, burrowing under it and even rolling it back and forth with his nose - he'll even sleep inside it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980