• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu gardens anyone?

Everose

I'm looking to own a tegu in the near future, and I was wanting to maybe start a garden for my tegu some months in advance. Does anyone do this? Any plant recommendations? I have a farm and lots of different meat sources for my tegu, but I'm looking to grow 100% of the vegetables and insects in its diet. So far I'm going to grow kale, squash, and peppers but I'm curious to know what your tegus go nuts over. Any fruits will probably be purchased unless it's berries since I already grow those.

ash_reign

my two love scrambled eggs with meal worms or crickets added to it and pinky mice. live crickets are a fun treat. I'm new to this so I am learning as I go. wish more people responded to questions cause I would like to expand mine diets as well, but scared of feeding the wrong thing...which is why I joined this site hoping it would help.

Everose

my two love scrambled eggs with meal worms or crickets added to it and pinky mice. live crickets are a fun treat.
That seems fairly simple
I always have excess eggs and pinky mice for my snakes, plus I plan on growing meal worms.
Do you feed them any veggies?
I'm new to this so I am learning as I go. wish more people responded to questions cause I would like to expand mine diets as well, but scared of feeding the wrong thing...which is why I joined this site hoping it would help.
Same, it's pretty quiet around here, not many activities or communities. I guess they're just an odd pet to keep, hopefully as their popularity grows so does the forum. Once I've got more experience I'll probably stick around to participate in the forum, that could be a while tho.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CupcaketheTegu