• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu names

Draco D Tegu

My first guy's name STARTED to be Draco because I'm a Harry Potter nut.

But, my other half insisted he looked like a baby alligator, so the name Gator just stuck.

The new girl I am calling Atlantis. Not sure if that will stick or not, my pets have a tendency to name themselves.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
[size=large]Spaz :heart:,.. my first Tegu a Colombian who was a spaz but came around.

Dino (B&W :heart:) from the Flintstones,.. I had a lot of those stuffed animals of all sizes when they first came out.

Tricky (AA :heart:) named after a character in "The Fifth Element".

LeeLoo (Blue :heart:) also named after a character in the movie.

New Gu (Colombian) no name yet, don't know if it's male or female. Since I'm back at one I decided the first one should be the one that started it all for me.
But if it's a male I'm thinking "Korben" to stick with the Fifth Element theme and as a homage to the one's that passed on. If its female then it will be Milla or Maiwenn after the two main female roles in the movie.

New Beginning and remembrance of the past.
[/size]

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
When i get mines,I am going to name my gu either,"Pain" from Naruto Shippuden ,Legend, Grimmjow or Bykauya. I prob go with Pain though,it sounds best.

Toby_H

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I bought a male and a female (Varnyard '08s) and named them Dude & Chick...

Both escaped their enclosure (dumb mistake on my part, lesson learned) and only one was found (I highly suspect the other made it outside). So I had no clue what the gender was. It was the smaller of the two so I assumed it to be the female.

The next spring when "she" woke I I let me girlfriend rename "her". After a lot of consideration, she decided "she" looked like a Delilah. Since then it has become very obvious that "Delilah" is a male. But my girlfriend likes thinking of my Tegu as a female (it helps them bond) so we usually refer to "her" and have kept the name "Delilah".

I felt a little weird about it at first... but it doesn't matter now... Delilah is all man....

hanniebann

5 Year Member
I like old names, I've got a savannah monitor named Murphy, I like Jasper! I think that's what I'm going to name my 2011 baby tegu when he gets here :] I also for some odd reason like Guy as a name. lol. I dunno, it's vague and uncommon. Owen is a fav too.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I got nero's name out of a baby after changing it from jazz and chubbs lol, achilles well she got her name from my fave movie ever troy(when i thought she was a he) pyro well if you ever seen how red he was it lol it wasnt a hard choice, rayne was a name i was going to give achilles and vice versa i thought it was cool, storm well ice is his grandpa, hail is his grandma and blizzard is his dad so i just followed suit lol(it dosent help that storm is one of my fave xmen lol)

I got nero's name out of a baby after changing it from jazz and chubbs lol, achilles well she got her name from my fave movie ever troy(when i thought she was a he) pyro well if you ever seen how red he was it lol it wasnt a hard choice, rayne was a name i was going to give achilles and vice versa i thought it was cool, storm well ice is his grandpa, hail is his grandma and blizzard is his dad so i just followed suit lol(it dosent help that storm is one of my fave xmen lol)

Moondust

This is a little late but I got Dragonfly's name well...it kind of just popped into my head! I like that it has dragon in it--because of how big tegus get in general. On top of that, it sounds feminine and graceful -- and dragonflys bring good luck. So, I just decided to go with that. On another note, I have a leopard gecko that I decided to name honey bee (yellow with a black stripe) and I might keep up the "trend" of insect names to lizards even though its a bit of a oxymoron, lol. My next lizard is hopefully a uromasystx. If I get a yellow saharan it'll be firefly, and if its a red lady bug.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Blizzard: came with the name
Kreacher: Harry Potter, she just sounds like she would have that attitude and voice
Charlie: From Charlie Unicorn (candy mountain)
I used to have Rexie: the toy stoy dinosaur
Oreo: she may have came with the name, or she was b and w
Chester: came with the name
Hook: had a little hook in his tail. The hook is gone and it may be a female, lol

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Blizzard: came with the name
Kreacher: Harry Potter, she just sounds like she would have that attitude and voice
Charlie: From Charlie Unicorn (candy mountain)
I used to have Rexie: the toy stoy dinosaur
Oreo: she may have came with the name, or she was b and w
Chester: came with the name
Hook: had a little hook in his tail. The hook is gone and it may be a female, lol

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
heh heh, I thought you'd like that. I also have a spider named Aragog, and I had a hognose snake named Pigwidgeon.

bsshig40

Our grandbabies love jurrasic park and call all the dinosaurs, saur saur. So our red is named "saur saur" as in sore sore. Lol

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam