• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegus Only . Com

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Not purchased one from him as I'm across the big blue pond, but only ever hear good things about him and the Gu's he sells..... One point to make that I have heard is he is estremely busy and can be hard to make contact with so please be patient.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yup, sometimes a wait to hear from him as he's a very busy guy in the field. His service, ethics, and lizards are superb. My four come from him.

anyone have experience purchasing a “rescue” tegu from Rodney Irwin at Tegus Only? He really seems like an up and up guy but haven’t heard much about his company from customers.
I purchase Tiberius from him n it’s great ever since. Tiberius is very healthy n like Rodney said that Tegu like to be with people. Treat Tegu like it is not like dog or cat. The behavior of Tegu is entirely how u take care of it. Good luck.

nightanole

Dumb question, but in the early days he just poked a bunch of holes in the "if it fits it ships" usps boxes, popped the tegu in a sack, and sent it on its way. There where zero issues, other than having horrified customers when they got the boxes :)

Ginny Mastandrea

D485273C-F446-4993-9816-2E789FAE9C22.jpeg
5DFCD919-75F7-4B37-8D11-B9B95FF5DF34.jpeg
5DFCD919-75F7-4B37-8D11-B9B95FF5DF34.jpeg
anyone have experience purchasing a “rescue” tegu from Rodney Irwin at Tegus Only? He really seems like an up and up guy but haven’t heard much about his company from customers.
I got one a few months ago and I’m in love! He is a good man as I’ve called him several times for advice!

I got my tegu from him several months ago my tegu is great and Rodney is very dedicated to saving tegus that would otherwise be killed by Florida I recommend him

Hudson Valley

We obtained two tegus from Rodney. Our experience with Rodney is such that we would not hesitate to recommend Rodney to anyone interested in adding a tegu to their life.

Jules

Ginny, your Tegu from Rodney is GORGOUS! He looks like he's a mixture of chicone B&W and Blue. He's got a high white head of the chicone with the "teardrop" of the Blue. Did you just order a gegular black &white or a chicone??? or B&W/blue mix? (sorry about the spelling) He's absolutely beautiful.
I've also heard really good things about Rodney, and plan on getting a tegu from him after this winter. I love the fact he's saving their lives and has a passion for caring for them. I wish I could meet him personally on the east coast... unfortunately I'm on the west coast. I would encourage anybody on an East Coast reptile exhibit to see the amazing work he's doing.
Julie Dolan

Bob W.

Getting Tegus from Rodney was definitely better the dealing with a pet store or an online breeder.I have one firebelly and a black and white from him and both are healthy and he even sent us pics of Tegus he had for sale so we could pick the ones we wanted. Awesome guy

Murrellfamilyzoo

Awesome, thanks guys I ended up purchasing from Rodney. We had some problems with shipping USPS delivered a day late cause they delivered to the wrong address. But all is well! I thanks again!

Sweetace

Yes! My husband rescued my Severus from him last year as a gift for me. I love him, he is so affectionate and friendly. He was 72cm when we got him last year, he's now 96cm. Very healthy, well fed.
Have called him a few times, he's a great guy

Attachments

• MVIMG_20180819_181208.jpg
    MVIMG_20180819_181208.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 44

Ginny Mastandrea

Ginny, your Tegu from Rodney is GORGOUS! He looks like he's a mixture of chicone B&W and Blue. He's got a high white head of the chicone with the "teardrop" of the Blue. Did you just order a gegular black &white or a chicone??? or B&W/blue mix? (sorry about the spelling) He's absolutely beautiful.
I've also heard really good things about Rodney, and plan on getting a tegu from him after this winter. I love the fact he's saving their lives and has a passion for caring for them. I wish I could meet him personally on the east coast... unfortunately I'm on the west coast. I would encourage anybody on an East Coast reptile exhibit to see the amazing work he's doing.
Julie Dolan
Rodney is great! Mine is a female I know this because she prolapsed! I panicked but called him and it fixed itself after some good old KY! Mine has a nice fire belly and is taming nicely. I love her!!!!!

Attachments

• 7A5A8684-64E8-4583-8D5E-2163267B6F37.jpeg
    7A5A8684-64E8-4583-8D5E-2163267B6F37.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 52
  • E922D7C4-7FEA-4577-A67F-69F151EB1EB9.jpeg
    E922D7C4-7FEA-4577-A67F-69F151EB1EB9.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 51
  • AC5E4EC2-344D-4FCE-97FD-FF24022878EC.jpeg
    AC5E4EC2-344D-4FCE-97FD-FF24022878EC.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 50

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Either sex can prolapse. Glad everythings back inside. Firebellies are my favorite. Yours is very striking.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
makit5744