• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Today I Got A Visit From Animal Control about my Tegu !!!!!!!!!!

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
The "thug" talk gets a little old to me, too. And it keeps people from posting for fear of feeling attacked. There is no problem with suggestions, criticism, or disagreements. The bluntness with which some opinions are worded lately is bringing a feeling of harshness to the forum. I don't post here as much as I used to. And I've noticed some of our previously regular members have left.

As for posting in proper English, I know we all come from various backgrounds. The real difficulty comes in when our international members try to run the text speak and modifications through a translator. They just can't understand the messages.

TeguBlake

KABIKANO said:
james.w said:
Does anybody else see the problem with this situation??

Yeah james we all see what koulda happened (sarcastic tone)... Damn Brah, dude shares a kool story up here and here you go again "pops". I think you just "that dude" that finds the negative or the "problem" as you put it, in everything. Yeah I see you a real helpful dude and all, and appear to have tegu knowledge and sh!t but k'mon Brah, you aint gotta be everybodys' konscience ALL THE TIME. Real talk.

Amen.

KABIKANO

Oh, I'm sorry, what exactly is "thug" talk you stereo typers? I guess we should all be a specific economic status too huh? How about we kick out all the get "butt hurt" people, hmm? How bout that? Maybe you "proper english speakers" should start a "my sh!t dont stink" forum? I'm out (G-Style, a dirivitive of thug style).

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
I'm from the Hood so does that mean I talk like a thug

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
^^It means you apparently don't use question marks when asking questions. I agree, it's really annoying that adults are starting to speak like 12 year old wanna be ghetto kids. I "kan't" deal with it. The thug talk also really gets to me. And no, we shouldn't all be a certain economic class but we should all speak English. With a free public education system you would think most people would learn how to. I guess not. Anyways, I'm out(GC(Grammatically correct) style).

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
I thought "thug talk " reference was towards people bullying others instead of being generally helpful...as for the grammar issue, although I personally try to write and speak appropriately, I do not feel it is my job to correct others on a tegu forum :) i am often on my phone when posting and frequently rush through in textlike manner...so often I skip over capitalization and correct punctuation.I apologize for my share of 'typos ' too...and am certainly grateful for others kindness in not 'calling me out ' on such things... ( just trying to lighten things up here guys...) ;p let's try to get along and be helpful to one another. We all love our animals whether beginner or expert...and have a lot to offer each other in terms of support... :heart:

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

KABIKANO

TegusRawsome80 said:
^^It means you apparently don't use question marks when asking questions. I agree, it's really annoying that adults are starting to speak like 12 year old wanna be ghetto kids. I "kan't" deal with it. The thug talk also really gets to me. And no, we shouldn't all be a certain economic class but we should all speak English. With a free public education system you would think most people would learn how to. I guess not. Anyways, I'm out(GC(Grammatically correct) style).

1st of all, no one was speaking to you. Are you a wanna be ghetto kid? How do you know a "wanna be ghetto kid" speaks that way? In reference to me using the letter "k" instead of "c", there is no letter "c" in the Tagalog alphabet and since this is "just a forum", I choose to write like that. No one is asking you to deal with it so don't. If it get's to you, so what? And who's not speaking english??? Seems like we kan all understand and read what is being written here. TegusRawesome... With a name like that, are you part of the 12 year olds you are speaking of? Don't mock me again.

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
Damn I mean I talk normal but like a thug I'm from south Jamaica queens ya know but I'm no wanna be I grew up like this

KABIKANO

chitodadon said:
Damn I mean I talk normal but like a thug I'm from south Jamaica queens ya know but I'm no wanna be I grew up like this

You kool Brah. I feel you! ChitodadonRawesome! Hahahaha!

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
I think we should have freedom of speech as long as we not disrespectful and using curse words

KABIKANO

chitodadon said:
I think we should have freedom of speech as long as we not disrespectful and using curse words

Then I guess I'm disqualified! Haha!

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
I mean cmon we all different people from different places and we talk different ya dig

KABIKANO

Hey Duffster, sorry the tegu, butt hurt and grammatically korrect gods got ahold of your "awesome" post. Like I said earlier, great story and I enjoyed reading it. I'm glad I kould komprehend it since I'm a 12 year old wanna be ghetto thug child with a public education who went abroad twice to defend our kountry in kombat so pricks kan sit up here and kriticize how I spell "kant."

chitodadon said:
I mean cmon we all different people from different places and we talk different ya dig

That's right my NY homie! We kan dig it out here on the west!

Diablo

5 Year Member
I don't mind when people talk differently on forums, it's what makes people different. If everyone was exactly the same it would get kind of dull if you get what I mean. I like using grammar and spelling things right but I don't correct others or force it on them. Some people just type differently or talk differently. Sometimes it gives off a bad first impression but I've come to realize that first impressions are hardly ever true. I was not sure Kabikano who you were or how you acted just by the way you typed, but when I saw a couple of your youtube videos I realized you were a upstanding kind of guy and were cool. Some people on this forum take first impressions too far in my opinion.

Grendel

Let me clue in those of you who obviously don't understand this about life yet.
1. How you write and talk matters.
2. All your life you WILL be judged, no matter how many times you will say: " don't judge me, you don't know me".
3. Not everyone is "super-awesome", "special" and can achieve "anything".

KABIKANO

Wow, looks like someone has figured out "life." Hahaha!

Thanks Diablo!

By the way Grendel, we are ALL super-awesome! Yes, even u...

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
KABIKANO said:
james.w said:
Does anybody else see the problem with this situation??

Yeah james we all see what koulda happened (sarcastic tone)... Damn Brah, dude shares a kool story up here and here you go again "pops". I think you just "that dude" that finds the negative or the "problem" as you put it, in everything. Yeah I see you a real helpful dude and all, and appear to have tegu knowledge and sh!t but k'mon Brah, you aint gotta be everybodys' konscience ALL THE TIME. Real talk.

Yeah I'm "that dude" that wants people to think about what could have happened in situations like this. Do you understand the laws that have been passed stopping you from being able to do certain things with reptiles? Do you understand there are more laws attempting to be passed preventing you from doing even more?

Funny how you don't want people to judge you, but your entire post was about judging me?

laurarfl said:
The "thug" talk gets a little old to me, too. And it keeps people from posting for fear of feeling attacked. There is no problem with suggestions, criticism, or disagreements. The bluntness with which some opinions are worded lately is bringing a feeling of harshness to the forum. I don't post here as much as I used to. And I've noticed some of our previously regular members have left.

As for posting in proper English, I know we all come from various backgrounds. The real difficulty comes in when our international members try to run the text speak and modifications through a translator. They just can't understand the messages.

Are we supposed to "coat" our comments in sugar and cream?

KABIKANO said:
Hey Duffster, sorry the tegu, butt hurt and grammatically korrect gods got ahold of your "awesome" post. Like I said earlier, great story and I enjoyed reading it. I'm glad I kould komprehend it since I'm a 12 year old wanna be ghetto thug child with a public education who went abroad twice to defend our kountry in kombat so pricks kan sit up here and kriticize how I spell "kant."

If you look back, "they" (or maybe you include me so) "we" didn't come out until after your post. Maybe you should apologize for your post.

KABIKANO

Here we go again poppa james. Blah, blah, blah. Reminds me of the teacher from the old Peanuts kartoon, wah, wah, wah, wah. K'mon james, u remember that one don't u? I figure you're old enough since u dont wanna disclose your age. I dont have to pass judgement on u, all your posts reflect you are a know it all. You do great all by yourself. You do a great job regurgitating tegu knowledge that u get off google. But remember, search engines are the bathroom walls of the world wide web. I dont give a damn who judges me. Isnt that obvious by the way I post?

KABIKANO said:
I LOVE IT! GOOD STUFF!!!

Theres my first post. So me saying that, made you kome out with all your preaching? Okay bro...

KABIKANO said:
Here we go again poppa james. Blah, blah, blah. Reminds me of the teacher from the old Peanuts kartoon, wah, wah, wah, wah. K'mon james, u remember that one don't u? I figure you're old enough since u dont wanna disclose your age. I dont have to pass judgement on u, all your posts reflect you are a know it all. You do great all by yourself. You do a great job regurgitating tegu knowledge that u get off google. But remember, search engines are the bathroom walls of the world wide web. I dont give a damn who judges me. Isnt that obvious by the way I post?

KABIKANO said:
I LOVE IT! GOOD STUFF!!!

Theres my first post. So me saying that, made you kome out with all your preaching? Okay bro... Sorry for saying I loved the story and that it was good stuff.

KABIKANO said:

KABIKANO said:
I LOVE IT! GOOD STUFF!!!

Theres my first post. So me saying that, made you kome out with all your preaching? Okay bro... Sorry for saying I loved the story and that it was good stuff.
[/quote]

KABIKANO said:

KABIKANO said:
I LOVE IT! GOOD STUFF!!!

Theres my first post. So me saying that, made you kome out with all your preaching? Alright james, makes sense. Hahaha! So u want me to apologize for saying I loved the story and good stuff?

Dangit, all this drama got my post all jacked up! Hahaha. Oh well it must be kuzz im not on here too often. I'm done with it... Until u all rile me up again! Hahaha!

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
This thread has gone way off topic now. Personally, I think James is a pretty cool and knowledgeable guy, and so is TegusRawesome (don't knoe your name). Ive been around here for about a year now as a member and even longer as just someone who read others' posts. Lately, people have been acting like little kids and it gets to me, cause all you (referring to many, not singling out) is bash on members that Ive seen around here much longer than you. Some of us choose to give our words of wisdom or advice in a tone that isnt all happy go lucky, but more flat out. When we see something wrong, we point it out and BAM - all of a sudden we're hating. Tired of all this crap and im tired of seeing members who have been around here for a long time go or stop posting.

And having to do with all this thug talk etc., I find it rather dull that the way you type on here is somewhat hard for me and probably other members who arent American to understand. I'm Greek, english is my second language, and I try my damn best to get words spelled correctly on here so that people from all over would be able to comprehend what it is im saying.

That being said, I wont post anything else in this thread.

tegus4life

I agree. I can get over people using bad grammar unless it's to the point of my not being able to understand what the author/poster is trying to say. It's frustrating when people don't speak comprehensibly. But when someone gives someone else advice, it should be taken as just that- advice. This forum is about people sharing their love for their animals and giving advice and constructive criticism when asked for or needed. There are so many posts in response to someone else's post being "too mean" but people need to understand that almost everyone who posts and comments on posts is trying to help the tegu owner provide the best husbandry for their animals as they can; not to always be looking out for other peoples' feelings. I don't think it's necessary to be mean when giving feedback, but on occasion I do think it may be warranted.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029