• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Today I Got A Visit From Animal Control about my Tegu !!!!!!!!!!

Duffster

So today I had a visit from the city animal control. here is how the conversation went !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to funny read on

Knock on the Door!
Animal control Officer says: Do you own a VERY large black and white Lizard
Me: Uhm yes Why
Animal control Officer says: Its scaring the neighbors !
Me: How???
Animal control Officer says: Its trying to get in their back door.
Me: I say WTH????? I look and for sure she gotten out the back gate while cleaning
Me: I'm sorry which house
Animal control Officer says: all the next three houses next to you!!!
Me: Excuse me
Animal control Officer says: Yes we have had several calls today about a big black lizard trying to come in back doors as she starts to laugh.
Me: Do you know where its at now??
Animal control Officer says: Ah....... Yes follow me
Me: okay
Animal control Officer says: I'm not going near that thing it looks mean.
Me: I pick her up she licks my face and puts her head on my shoulder and relaxes.
Animal control Officer says: Well all be damn she is puppy dog tame
Me: I'm very sorry for the trouble.
Animal control Officer says: No problem can you tell me all about them??

Come on down to the house! So for an hour we talked about Tegus and reptiles as more officers came by to see all the animals!. I should have gotten a picture !!!!

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Sounds like me when I used to rehab bats.everyone hates them until they realize how many mosquitoes they eat per night and that they purr when you rub their backs.(yep you heard right...they purr) but yeah what an awesome story! I'm all for public awareness and education about our wonderful pets!!! :)

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Little brown and long eared miotis.I did it initially when a bat was found in an office bldg pretty much emaciated.then we moved into a house which was like bat haven.haha.they constantly came into my house on their own.I helped any that were injured or pregnant and grounded.often hand feeding abandoned babies as well...lots of work lots of money lots of amazing creatures. :)

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
It takes time and working with them just like any animal.once they trust you they will sit on a cloth in your hand and if you rub their back they start to purr.they also like their ears scratched.that must be universal as niles seems to enjoy that too :)

Go on the 'world bat line ' if they are still up.tons of bat rehabbers etc.lots of info and stories :)

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Not any more than any other animal I've worked with.of course they are a rabies vector....but I've never had a problem.I no longer do any wildlife rehab because of the high expense and very time consuming.plus my chronic pain gets worse every year it seems.and I have lots of pets and don't want to become so overwhelmed that I can't properly care for what I have, you know? I think any rabies vector one works with you assume that risk.I wouldn't advise everyone to go out and handle wildlife randomly, you know? But bats are definitely one species that deserves more positive publicity and they are my favorite animal and feel honored to have had those years of interaction with them at all stages of their lives.from birth to old age...newborns, pregnant mommies, juviniles, abandoned pups, injured and blind, etc.awesome wonderful intelligent creatures.I have heard in england they allow european fruit bats as pets! Because they are able to be vaccinated for rabies like a dog or cat.how cool is that! :)

frost

1,000+ Post Club
makes me wanna try and get a bat.=]

i always thought they were really cool but i didnt think you could have one as a pet.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
You know, it is a funny story and all worked out well, but I'm glad it didn't have a really bad ending. :(

Deac77

5 Year Member
I think the story is neat and I'm glad it worked out well but I can see a hundred ways this could have gone bad too...so I see what you mean James

As for the bats on the uk rabies is extinct luckily I'd love a fruit bat

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Yes I'm happy that tegu got home safely too! I would have been out of my mind! And on the bat thing...please don't try to catch one or anything.they are really wonderful but you have to know how to handle and also feed them or you could get bitten or the bat could die.they are the single biggest pain in the ass to get to eat ever! Haha.they do not recognize mealworms as food either, so I don't even want to get into the work it takes to feed them.ugh.it is illegal i'd say almost everywhere to keep them as pets.the work I did was help and release only.however like I said in england it's legal.lucky them!!!! The egyptian fruit bat (flying fox) is my favorite.although have only worked with native to nh species.ahhh my babies I do miss them...but soooo much work.*sigh*

Frost if you want to pm me about anything feel free ;)

frost

1,000+ Post Club
i see. yeah fruit bats are beautifull! i would love to work with one. i think fruit bats are legal here but im not sure. i seen a few people with them.

KABIKANO

james.w said:
Does anybody else see the problem with this situation??

Yeah james we all see what koulda happened (sarcastic tone)... Damn Brah, dude shares a kool story up here and here you go again "pops". I think you just "that dude" that finds the negative or the "problem" as you put it, in everything. Yeah I see you a real helpful dude and all, and appear to have tegu knowledge and sh!t but k'mon Brah, you aint gotta be everybodys' konscience ALL THE TIME. Real talk.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029