• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

{Urgent} Horrible Skin, don't know what to do?

MaeganV

Thank you all so much for the help, he is already looking 100 times better. I have him set up in a big enclosure next to my other b/w tegu with a big water tub and nice basking rock.

I have been using antibacterial disinfected, vitamin e oil, and cream on his head every day while letting him soak in the tub.

His head already looks more clean and ready to heal :)! Just a few VERY dry spots that look like they might peel off to reveal an open wound but I am watching them and keeping him very moisturized... I really think this was a shed problem. The problem areas seem to uniform on each side to be burns.

MaeganV

We are just feeding him some rats, well on his way to recovery. I think I am going to have to keep him.... Thank you all so much for the tips, I am so glad he is doing better!

Jefroka

5 Year Member
montana said:
Peroxide works great has worked great for decades ...

There are other things that are said to be better that`s great do you have them in your home ???

As common as peroxide is there should be tens of thousands of examples of damage done by using it .
Every ones mother should have a story of a lost child [to peroxide]..

Maybe they just sell it over the counter to make crank ....

Apparently, the medical community is having a change of heart when it comes to peroxide. After Katrina I was treated for a foot injury and was told by the medics not to use peroxide.

That was a new one on me!

I always loved seeing those peroxide bubbles when put over a wound, made me think lots and lots of germs were being killed.

Oh well...

...Jefroka

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me