• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Wanted: Blue Tegu Hatchling/Juvenile

Bella Wolf

I'm located in Windsor, MO but travel to Kansas and Kansas City, MO. I'm interested in purchasing a blue tegu for my custom built enclosure. Please email me at [email protected] if you have anything. Thanks!

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Have you checked with all the usual breeders? Lots of hatchlings will soon be available as it's almost season.

Bella Wolf

The only person I've talked to so far is Jason Emrich, and he's offered me a hatchling from his blue x red pairing in a few months, for a reasonable price...But I was hoping to get a simple blue, or possibly a snow morph blue. I'm new to the site so I honestly have no idea who to speak to, as far as "usual breeders".

N8bub

Hey I'm in kc glad to see you here. As far as blues check with ty park, hectorshabitat.com, teguterra.com, undergroundreptiles.com, and kingsnake.com or faunaclassifieds.com. they aren't all of them for sure but a good place to start. I bought my blue/bnw from Hector, but I've heard good things about all of them. Blues probably won't be available till June but maybe you can get lucky.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I don't know the name you have mentioned but Ty Park (fb) is probably the number one breeder right now. Brad Wilson is highly reccomended. As is Hectors Habitat and John Darrel. They are all on facebook, probably floating around fauna as well. Hatchling season starts around May but they will continue to hatch well into September.

I would stay away from tegu terra, 100000000%. He will never ever ever get my business. Underground isn't bad but they're more expensive than buying directly from the breeders I have mentioned because while they do breed most (if not all) of their tegus, they're in a retail business.

BigJay8232

She was talking about me guys. I have a Red x Blue breeding set for this season. Since we are local to one another I let her know I may have little one available.

BigJay8232

Also Bella, Snow is a misnomer. They're are no Snow Tegus just really pale Albinos. Albino Tegus run $2000-$3000 each just so you know.

Bella Wolf

I know, but they are commonly nicknamed "Snows" around here. As far as types go, I am pretty set on a Blue, preferably male. Possibly a Red, but for sure WILL NOT own a Black & White. Nothing against them, I know some people claim they make good pets, but I have heard far too many horror stories of their aggression. And I also realize that any color or breed can be aggressive, but that's just what I have concluded from my research.

In addition to this, I am seeking a hatchling or juvenile as I prefer to train and bond with animals right from the beginning, rather than they have a past with another owner. I have an enclosure in the process which will take a couple months to finish, so I am not looking to buy anything right this second, either. Mainly just seeking advice, opinions, etc. The tegu I get will have a temperature monitored full room within my house and a very comfortable environment with all the luxuries. That is another reason I am waiting.

If you'd like to find me on facebook, search my email - [email protected]. Thanks!

Alliocha

You must have mistaken black and whites with colombians. Black and whites are said to be along the ones who get most "nice". But yeah, every breed can get aggressive if you don't care for them in a good manner.

N8bub

Blues are Salvator merianae or Tupinambis merianae, argentine black and white are Salvator merianae or Tupinambis merianae, depending on how current your literature is. That being said they are the same taxonomicly. By the eye there certainly are differences but that can be attributed to location, South America is a big place.
Blues are generally considered a little more active than your standard black and white, which can lead to what is considered cranky to mean. All of this is still dependant on the individual animal. Now like was stated above colombian bnw have a worse reputation than blues, reds, and standard bnws. Hope that helps

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980