• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

What are optimal temps for a young tegu?

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Jeremyxb12 said:
What if i opened a window and put up a reflector to delfect the sun into the enclosure? and this would only be for a week or two. i do have calcium and vitamin supplements.

No, quit trying to get around properly providing for your pet. If you can't/won't do it right, just don't do it.

TuTegu

Re: RE: What are optimal temps for a young tegu?

Idk if uvb/uva can be reflected, calcium and vitamin shouldn't be needed if your feeding your tegu a variety of nutritious foods but if you do use calcium make sure it doesn't have d3 in it, d3 can only be produced by uvb!!

Thelegendofcharlie

5 Year Member
Jeremyxb12 said:
What if i opened a window and put up a reflector to delfect the sun into the enclosure? and this would only be for a week or two. i do have calcium and vitamin supplements.

This will not be appropriate, and without proper heat within the designated range, your Tegu will not even be able to digest its food.
You had better figure something out or you are going to have a sick or dead Tegu.

Jeremyxb12

5 Year Member
Thanks to my ingenious plan to get more hours and overtime i got more money in my check which means a whole bunch of cool things and very necessary lighting/heating for my new baby gu coming tuesday!!

Murkve

bmx3000max said:
is 95 ok basking?

No. It should be around 110-115 for the max in the basking area. Ideally these would be accompanied along with a temperature gradient around the lower 100's. Again, these are all for basking, and as such are surface temps, not ambient temps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu