• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

What other hobbies do you have besides reptiles??

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I design and build Pinewood Derby cars, both for myself and with my boys for Cub Scouts. I also am the Pack's Pinewood Derby Chairman and host workshops in my garage every Saturday from the end of January through the middle of March.

Picks of my workshop (my side of the garage).

100_3053_.jpg

100_3055_.jpg

100_3056_.jpg

100_3057_.jpg

100_3058_.jpg

100_3063_.jpg

The boys cars from last year.

100_3379_Aaron2007.jpg

Worse paint job I've ever done. Every color crinkled over the white base coat (same brand!!). Won second place in the Pack (second year straight).

100_3374_Jordan2007.jpg

Didn't bother trying to paint after ruining the other son's car. Stickers wouldn't stick. Won first place in the Pack (3rd year straight).

My car from last year. It is the fastest wooden car I've ever seen. It's fastest time was .10 faster than my oldest son's first place car. That's about a foot at the finish line. I raced it at 2 other Pack's races and it is undefeated.

100_3383_MineAngle2007.jpg

Mike

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
That's a very cool hobby. I play guitar. IRON MAN!!!!

(Yeah, Black Sabbath is my fav).

I'm sure I have more, ill get back to you soon. :lol:

Sammy

5 Year Member
Awesome Dave!!

I am an outdoors guy. Canoing, hiking, camping, field herpin. Love getting away and exploring new places. Give me a body of water, my canoe, a few snicker bars, a couple gallons of water, a can of OFF and I am in nirvana for a couple of days.

WhiskeyTango

5 Year Member
Anything outside.

I showed netherland dwarf rabbits for 6 years but just got out of them to work with dairy goats.

Of course reptiles!I also do alot of horseback riding..lots of trail riding.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I'd love to learn to play guitar!! I used to fool around with one 20 years ago. I still have it. A 1962 Gibson ES125T. I traded an old moped for it.

Here it is!
P2020062_.jpg

dorton

5 Year Member
I'am into cars! Fast especially, doesn't even have to look good as long as it functions well. Into bikes
again fast most importantly. Off roading(not mud), also into boats,atvs and dirt bikes. I spend quite a bit of time working on other peoples stuff. basically anything fast enough or dangerous enough to get you hurt/killed with and engine I'm up for it. I do anything from motor builds, to power adder installs, to tuning blah blah blah.
Any outdoor activity is game too.

ApriliaRufo

5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
I'd love to learn to play guitar!! I used to fool around with one 20 years ago. I still have it. A 1962 Gibson ES125T. I traded an old moped for it.

Here it is!
P2020062_.jpg

I could teach ya bro. Lol. Too bad you live so far away. I've built a few guitars in my time. I'm into camping, gaffing, motorcycles (track/road sport bikes), computers, server manipulation, dog breeding, drag racing (cars), off-raoding (trucks), hacking, sharpshooting .22 long shots. Gonna pick up a pure bred 2nd gen timberwolf this weekend as long as I don't get caught. Lol.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
ApriliaRufo said:
I could teach ya bro. Lol. Too bad you live so far away. I've built a few guitars in my time. I'm into camping, gaffing, motorcycles (track/road sport bikes), computers, server manipulation, dog breeding, drag racing (cars), off-raoding (trucks), hacking, sharpshooting .22 long shots. Gonna pick up a pure bred 2nd gen timberwolf this weekend as long as I don't get caught. Lol.
I wish I had time! Have a few kids and spend a few hours a day in forums and see how much free time you have! :mrgreen:

Maybe you should have listed the things you DON'T do!

Swtbrat

5 Year Member
I design and make my own fabrics for crafting.
I usually make purses or flower vases from the fabric I make.
I know this won't interest all you guys here but its what I do! :wink:

Brat!

Teapot I made for my Mom for Mother's Day!

TeaPot.jpg

Fabric I made for a purse!

fabric1.jpg

And the purse!

FirstPurse.jpg

nat

5 Year Member
I love to knit and read and generally just spend time outside. I am also starting to research how to build my own house so that will be a rather large hobby for the next little while!

Ari Gold

5 Year Member
my main hobby right now is my new fixed gear bicycle.

aside from that, video games, cooking, rock climbing, building ****. basically my hobbies change everyday. there is constantly some new thing i want to try, its great but money consuming.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Ari Gold said:
there is constantly some new thing i want to try, its great but money consuming.
I was like that in my 20's. Spend hundreds of dollars and sell it all 6 months later for half of what I paid for it. Repeat as necessary.

I did rock climb for about 7 years, until I got married (that seemed to happen to most guys!). I still have all my gear but it's over 20 years old. I don't think I want to hang on that stuff. And I'm a little out of shape. :shock:

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I am an avid Moutain Biker and Snowboarder when weather permits. It's snowboarding season so I have been in that mode for awhile. I've travelled to British Colombia, Wyoming, Colorado, Tahoe, New York, Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania and Quebec all for snowboarding!!! Next trip is looks like were gonna go back to Whistler in BC. Although I really wanna get out to Big Sky Montana and Utah. You board/ski Nat or koreandeathkid?

nat

5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
nat said:
I am also starting to research how to build my own house so that will be a rather large hobby for the next little while!
I feel so small. I build little wooden cars. :(

yes but you COULD build a house if you wanted to and that's all that matters :wink:

necessity breeds invention, and as I don't yet have a house to call my own, I am driven to remedy that ha ha

and don't feel small about wooden cars... I spent the weekend knitting little snowflakes!

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Many hours of work go into designing and building those little cars. I model them in 3D CAD with material properties to know exactly where the center of mass is. Any little improvement helps. .001 second equals 1/8" on the track. Many races at the top level are won by that much!

KoreanDeathKid

5 Year Member
such interesting post
i'm into clay modeling, i took the first place and took the gold in 1996 after beating nearly 150 other kids
computers, working on a little website for where people can get information on pet reptiles and other stuff, also a member of facebook, and youtube, so i always got something to do
spending sometime out side, at my young age living in Vancouver there is always something to do
that's my hobby

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fanderson9214