• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

When was you first bite? What was it?

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
When was you first bite? What was it?

My first bite was many years ago as a child, I think it was a garter snake, but too many years to remember exactly. I was probably around seven years old, herping in central Florida. Dang, that was over 30 years ago, no wonder I can't remember.

Mike

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I think my first bite was an alligator lizard, though I might be mistaken. :shock: I wonder why I still love herps after that? :wink: :lol: :)

Der-Boa-Lieber

5 Year Member
I have never been bitten until about a year ago although i did have a garter snake go right up my nose...i guess he thought it was a nice dark hole to hide in lol.

My first bite was actually a Ruthvens king snake when i was trying to put a f/t pinky in his cage, he saw my finger first lol...felt like sand paper. My second bite though was from a Brown Recluse. i ran to the emergency room and they told me my body was not being effected by it and i have been bitten 4 mroe times by the darn things....there every where in my house lol.

Sammy

5 Year Member
I have been bit so many times by so many creatures that the first time has been lost in the grey matter of my brain.

I can tell you the last one though. It was about a week ago. By a great big male breeder rat of mine. He is in the freezer now after getting bounced off the wall. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
My Ball Python bit me the 3rd time I fed him. I was dangling the mouse and he turned away. I STUPIDLY used my left hand to push him back toward the mouse. He struck and release before I could even flinch. 3 little pin pricks (he was only 2 months old). What's the technical name for that?? SFE (Stupid Feeding Error)??

Our B&W Tegu bit me a few time when he was about 5 months old. I was trying to get him to walk onto my hand. Normally whenever I put anything in his tank he would rush and attack it. I slowly put my hand in and he didn't attack. He came over to check it out. He nudged it twice (note - WARNING!), then he chomped down hard leaving a few bleeding holes. He's since calmed down a bit (no pun intended).

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Oh man, we have some awesome stories, looks like everyone has found that some of our animals can bite. Well all but the one in the nose, lol. Never had that happen, yet.

Der-Boa-Lieber

5 Year Member
VARNYARD said:
Oh man, we have some awesome stories, looks like everyone has found that some of our animals can bite. Well all but the one in the nose, lol. Never had that happen, yet.

Believe me...you don't want that to happen.....its one of those things you feel violated when its over :oops: .

Mvskokee

5 Year Member
when i was young all i did all day everyday was look for animals i would cut my foot on glass walkin creeks. my relatives used to call me mogley from the jungle book. but the two most noteable are when some sort of amevia bit me an wouldn't let go and when i got mike tysoned by my blue tegu i guess my ears smell like a rat or something

dorton

5 Year Member
Kinda bite related, when I was about 10 I had collected a bunch of box turtles and had one I was messing with. I decided to get him to stick his head out, I would touch its rear. I did and it closed up on the tip of my finger. That hurt like h#!!. It took like 30 mins before it loosend up.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Mvskokee said:
i got mike tysoned by my blue tegu i guess my ears smell like a rat or something
I know the feeling!! Our female Blue really likes my scent. Especially around the ears and armpits!

Mvskokee

5 Year Member
yea my female is the same i make sure i take a shower and have a shirt on and when she gets close to my ears i cover them up i know better now

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I made the mistake of taking her out after coming in from working on building another Tegu enclosure. I was really sweaty! She flicked like mad, going from ear to ear until she found the one she liked. Crikey!!

As long as our big Red doesn't do that. His mouth is at least twice the size!

Mvskokee

5 Year Member
yea my girl was only like 18 inches she didn't bite it hard but it drew blood. wasn't to happy about it

Mvskokee

5 Year Member
i haven't measure mine in forever but she isn't full grown yet. but once when sh was real ungry she rushed my os and attacked the **** zu

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus