• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

When was you first bite? What was it?

KoreanDeathKid

5 Year Member
if i remember correctly, i was bitten by a dwarf hamster back when i was 2 years old, since then getting bitten and scratched by animals have became a daily thing in my life

jor71

5 Year Member
it was a male goose and he did not like me going near any of the female geese. He would lower his head, hiss and snap on my leg.

Ash bit me this morning, trying to see if my hand was food. He grab it a few times, he even started to shake his head while biting down on to my finger. He stopped after about a minute or so and walked away.

Kazzy

5 Year Member
Gah, my first bite? I've been bitten by so many critters, I wouldn't be able to remember. I remember a snake bite from when I was 7. I saw a group of boys across the street from me one night poking at something with sticks. I ran up and pushed two of the boys out of the way and grabbed the little baby gray rat snake they were trying to kill. The first thing it did was bite me knuckles repeatedly. I didn't flinch, but the boys freaked. lol!

Kharnifex

5 Year Member
actually not a bite, but first was me walkin through the redwoods as a young child digging through a pile of wood looking for reptiles, when a woodscorpion introduced my ring finger to his stinger. ouch, i cried like i was getting my leg sawed off by rope burn.

Exhume2Consume

5 Year Member
i was feeding my girlfriends ball pythons and she has a shy one named psyche anyways i was pulling him and his brother out to socialize them a little. and out of NO WHERE WHAM right on the pinky i didnt feel anything next thing i know im bleeding a little.
didnt hurt a bit just more scared.

Kazzy

5 Year Member
I know I've posted this before, but this girl bit me once (the snake...haha, I'm the girl):
l_3b22d15595808de8bf63c62cd67b2c11.jpg

Here's the bite after cleaning all the blood off:
l_fd4b65c4ead71a0f72f04a984c604677.jpg

Oddball

5 Year Member
My first bite was from my posessed texas rat snake. He is angry at life or something. We have all the right heating, substrate and everything, but all he does is hide, eat food, and stare me down. My boyfriends burmese python is nicer than this guy. He's a pretty small rat right now still, barely 12 inches, maybe as thick as a fat ball point pen, very healthy since we demited him when we got him from petco. Then I went to Texas to visit my family and my uncle told me that they are just angry creatures.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Oddball said:
My first bite was from my posessed texas rat snake. He is angry at life or something. We have all the right heating, substrate and everything, but all he does is hide, eat food, and stare me down. My boyfriends burmese python is nicer than this guy. He's a pretty small rat right now still, barely 12 inches, maybe as thick as a fat ball point pen, very healthy since we demited him when we got him from petco. Then I went to Texas to visit my family and my uncle told me that they are just angry creatures.
It's might be genetics but it's also because he's very small and you're very big. He's terrified of you!!! We have a tiny corn snake that is possessed also!

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
LOL I was bitten by a copperhead as a child walking the creeks of Athens Al. . The creek went right behind the hospital. So me and my friends walked to it. It went in and told them what happened. They wanted to know what bit me. I told them a copper head. They asked me was I sure. We had caught it and put it in a jar. LOL The doctors asked how I caught it. I told him I grabbed it when it bit my leg. LOL It ended up being a dry bite and we let it go later. I been hooked ever since.

jntann

5 Year Member
the fisrt time i was bit was by a baby sidewinder, when i was nine. I was out in the desert, I thought it was a hognose snake. I was in the hospital for 5 days and almost lost the end of my finger. it is still smaller on the end than the same finger on the other hand. 38 years later. after that you could not keep me away from reptiles native to arizona. mostly snakes. me and my brothers always had two or three snakes. we didn't have money to buy Snakes and lizards so we caught and raised wild ones.

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
My first bite was probably a ratsnake of some type or other. Ever since I was able to walk I've been turning over logs and stones(my parents learned early on to always have an extra set of clothes for me because come rain, hurricane, tornado or typhoon nothing was enough to deter me). I was always more of a snatch it first, identify it after kind of a kid and consider myself lucky I was never bitten by anything with medically significant venom.

Wooly

5 Year Member
My first bite was when I was about 8 and my brother said it would be cool to put one of them reptile leash on the iguana, I had to slip it over its head and that sucker smashed down on my finger haha.

damo

5 Year Member
ants we got the normal black ants and these like red brown ants in the uk my previouse job was drainage engineer any way i climbed in this drain and a load of these ants had made there home in the top corner as i was working large part of the nest fell on top of me and the ants had a right good munch i looked like i had nettle rash around my neck and down my back and thought my head was gonna explode for about four hours but that is the only thing that bit me oh appart from the reptile bug

steve

5 Year Member
if memory serves me correct i believe it was a green anole. i was a young kid catching them around my gramma and grampas house in Louisiana. when you consider i was sticking my hands through the bricks holding up the house you could say i was lucky it wasn't something else. =)

lotsareps

5 Year Member
i've been herp keeping since i was 4 (19 now)
i was one of those little boys who loved dinosaurs and reptiles. my first bite was either a garter snake or a bullfrog not sure why i was dumb enough to bother a snake period but i was noted in my family and my moms friends of being "the small animal whisperer"
i'd catch everything with ease and go inside and show mom n dad then put it back (or catch lizards that would be in the shower for some reason)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fanderson9214