• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Whether a newb or a veteran herper, ASK the EXPERT! Here to HELP :)

Greetings everyone: Merry X-mas/Happy Channkah/Happy Holidays!

I have been silent online this past year, but it was a busy/successful one as we rehomed 5 tegus (3 rescues)!
I still have one who need a home however, please see 'Red tegu' blog!

If we haven't chatted before, my name is Rachel and I am an Environmental Biologist that specializes in reptiles, and even more so on tegus (and boids!). I have a Masters of Science in Biology and teach college (Biology, Genetics, Environmental Science, Ecology, Microbiology, and General Biology lecture/labs) for a university in Arizona, where we now live. I am from Michigan, but have spent the last 8 years teaching in/out and performing research in South Florida. I have worked with a vast array of reptile and amphibian species for 26 years, the last 10 with tegus. I am currently wrapping up my 3 year study (my boyfriend Joey helps-see picture of him with large red!) comparing Tupinambis merianae/rufescens wild imports, US captive breds, and invasive captures from South Florida. I want to understand population differences and changes over time, regarding morphometric measurements and phenotypic variations (to be co-authored by University of Florida). I will post my paper on TeguTalk when it is published, hopefully sometime in the 2nd half of 2017. :)

Besides owning (3 tegus: 8 year old blue male/2 year old red male/4 year old invasive rescue female back/white, yearling female asian water monitor, 16 year old male red tail boa, 6 year old male leucistic rusty rat snake) and researching reptiles, I also ran a pet store reptile department & monthly expo booth 2 years, and I trained alongside a reptile/exotic vet for 3 years (routine and reptile specific procedures & pathology). My vet and I wrote a VERY detailed tegu caresheet, if you do not have it yet EMAIL ME, its FREE! :) *Herpers of ALL skill levels could benefit from checking their current diet/set up to our joint
recommendations*

[email protected]

IF YOU NEED ANY REPTILE HELP, ASK! If I can not help you, I will direct you to someone who can. There is too much neglect and abuse in this industry, I am HERE to provide information, suggestions, support, and new homes to tegus and other reptiles that end up in my care.

Best wishes for a wonderful new year, and please don't hesitate to drop me a line. I usually respond in 1-3
days

Rachel

Attachments

• IMG_1180.JPG
    IMG_1180.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1809.JPG
    IMG_1809.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1900.JPG
    IMG_1900.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2212.JPG
    IMG_2212.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0054.JPG
    IMG_0054.JPG
    714.5 KB · Views: 19
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    486.6 KB · Views: 21

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hey Rachel- Merry ChristmaKwanzUkkahVus!!!

Keep doing what you're doing.

JimB

Thanks so much for all that you do Rachel, I just emailed you for a copy of your Care sheet too. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029