• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

An email I received and my response.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
This is and email that was sent to me:

Dear Sir/Madam
This is Kerwin with Ever-Work Int., Taiwan. We're an importer wholesaler with market in both Taiwan and Main Land China. We're very interested in B/W Tegu and Red Tegu. As you know, these two animals ain't too hard to come by, almost every exporter in the States has a few to sell. This is the point, we don't do just a few. We work with less species but in large numbers with everything we buy. This is why we prefer to work with profational breeder like you, Varnyard Herps Inc, with a repretation as one of the largest breeding farm for Tegu.
With our supplier, we hope to establish a long term cooperation. But this takes time, a lot of communication and have really done business for a few times to really have everything on track. So for now, I believe it would be a good start if you could send me your price for this season and the amount you'll have.
Hope to hear from you soon.

--
Best regards
Kerwin

This was my response, tell me what you guys think?

Kerwin, I understand what you are saying, and yes there are many tegus in our market, however most of them are imported from Argentina and are farm raised. I will not try to compete with the prices of these animals, or compare them to mine. My animals are selectively bred to be much better animals, thus being worth much more. I do not breed for numbers, but rather quality, I will also add, most of the animals you refer to have much less value than mine in my opinion. I will not drop my prices way down even if they are bought in large quantities, as I am breeding to have much higher end animals.

Thank you for your inquiry, and I am sorry I could not supply your request.

Best regards; Bobby Hill
Owner, Varnyard Herps, Inc.

CoexistExotics

5 Year Member
Good response. Don't ever let people tell you that your animals are not worth what you sell them for. If anything, they are worth more!

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
VARNYARD said:
This is and email that was sent to me:

Dear Sir/Madam
This is Kerwin with Ever-Work Int., Taiwan. We're an importer wholesaler with market in both Taiwan and Main Land China. We're very interested in B/W Tegu and Red Tegu. As you know, these two animals ain't too hard to come by, almost every exporter in the States has a few to sell. This is the point, we don't do just a few. We work with less species but in large numbers with everything we buy. This is why we prefer to work with profational breeder like you, Varnyard Herps Inc, with a repretation as one of the largest breeding farm for Tegu.
With our supplier, we hope to establish a long term cooperation. But this takes time, a lot of communication and have really done business for a few times to really have everything on track. So for now, I believe it would be a good start if you could send me your price for this season and the amount you'll have.
Hope to hear from you soon.

--
Best regards
Kerwin

This was my response, tell me what you guys think?

Kerwin, I understand what you are saying, and yes there are many tegus in our market, however most of them are imported from Argentina and are farm raised. I will not try to compete with the prices of these animals, or compare them to mine. My animals are selectively bred to be much better animals, thus being worth much more. I do not breed for numbers, but rather quality, I will also add, most of the animals you refer to have much less value than mine in my opinion. I will not drop my prices way down even if they are bought in large quantities, as I am breeding to have much higher end animals.

Thank you for your inquiry, and I am sorry I could not supply your request.

Best regards; Bobby Hill
Owner, Varnyard Herps, Inc.

I find it outrageously ironic that he misspelled professional...."profational "...LMFAO!!!
Oh, and repretation....wow. :roll:

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yea, he is looking for cheap animals, he will not find them here. He is just looking for them to make a huge profit in China, tegus bring 400.00 to 600.00 there.

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hahaha and he said "these two animals ain't too hard to come by,"
Hahah he said "Aint", thats real professional.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
The email was short and to the point. I never trust anyone emailing me from over seas though.

KoreanDeathKid

5 Year Member
VARNYARD said:
Yea, he is looking for cheap animals, he will not find them here. He is just looking for them to make a huge profit in China, tegus bring 400.00 to 600.00 there.
oh what? this guy is trying to rip you off to make money in China? that's freakin crazy
and wut? Bert is a great breeder, I would suggest a guy like Rick to deal with this guy

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
KoreanDeathKid said:
Bert is a great breeder, I would suggest a guy like Rick to deal with this guy
Good point, but Rick may buy most of the Tegu's he sells from Bert.

So it would be one scheister (?sp?) selling to another (Rick to china)!!

ApriliaRufo

5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
KoreanDeathKid said:

DONE SON! EAT **** ON THAT ONE. HAHA THAT'S MY BOY DAVE!

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
ApriliaRufo said:
DaveDragon said:
KoreanDeathKid said:

DONE SON! EAT dung ON THAT ONE. HAHA THAT'S MY BOY DAVE!

....lol... I think....
What was that all about?

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
ApriliaRufo said:
DaveDragon said:
KoreanDeathKid said:

I'm glad you liked it.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
DZLife said:
ApriliaRufo said:
DaveDragon said:
KoreanDeathKid said:

....lol... I think....
What was that all about?
We can't discuss that here. Let's just say without that issue this forum wouldn't exist.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
This guy just don't know when to quit. :roll:

Dear Bobby
To tell you the truth, what you mentioned is a good news to me. High quality animals, like you said yourself, worth much more. So please do make an offer of what you can provide, I believe we can still have a pleasant experience doing business with each other.
I'd appreciate if you can send me a price list of everything you'll have for this season including the amount you'll have. Also, how long does it take for you to apply for CITES? Fee? Other charges needed?

Best regards
Kerwin Chen

So I told him:

Kerwin, I am sorry, but I do not export tegus, it is just way too much trouble and it is not worth the effort.

Thanks again, Bobby

redtail2426

5 Year Member
I think it is pretty immature to bash rick sisco for no reason especially when he dosnt even visit these forums. I for one own one of his tegus and he is a beautiful and healthy tegu and dealing with rick was very professional and a pleasure.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
That is enough of the Rick crap, it is really not needed here, I would rather leave the drama outside guys.

Thanks!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me