• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Anyone know what happen to thetegu.com??

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
jor71 said:
If someone there has full admin access to it, they can actually back up all of the fourms and post. If the site goes down, they can create their own website and import the database to the new site.

If you import the data and post it to new site, isn't that sort of a copyright infringement issue? I mean, the Internet is public domain, but someone still owns the site and the information contained therein.

jor71

5 Year Member
I would hope the admin would first get permission from Rick..I should have included that as well, thanks Laura.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I was told by Sue in the Chat that Rick lost all of his tegus, she said Josh "Rick's chat admin" told her. Rick did tell me a few months ago he lost Tux, but did not tell me about Draco or the rest of them.

As for his site, I want no part of it, I do not want any of that information imported here. He can keep it.

dpjm

5 Year Member
lotsareps said:
i remember the end of the lizard king saga. thats about it

I used to frequent the thetegu.com, but basically left because of that whole deal. He was posting racist comments and the mods were doing nothing about it - really annoying. Does anyone if that situation has resolved itself?

PinkPunisher

5 Year Member
Yes its over and done with dpjm. They ended up banning him and possibly deleting the posts from him as well. They locked them thats for sure.

Spencer

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yes, the mods were really doing the best they could with that fruitcake. I don't mean to speak for anyone, but the problem with someone like that is that if you ban him, he just creates multiple profiles and multiple threads. He was a real wacko. Plus, they had limited power and Rick wasn't around to manage his site apparently.

Kharnifex

5 Year Member
lol amen, although, haven't heard from angelrose in a while, i hope he didn't scare her away. someone devoting all their time to slinging mud at you kinda makes being online a bit tedious.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Well, I wonder if it's gone this time. I started a post about Rick probably getting divorced and shacking up with a 21 year old who has 2 kids. Maybe someone told him about hi any he shut off the site. Oh well. I did capture the site 5 weeks ago so it isn't a total loss.

PinkPunisher

5 Year Member
I noticed that post as well. Who knows? maybe it is a mid life crisis as you mentioned. Has anyone tried calling him to see if he has any tegus available or is even keeping them still? I'm just curious.

Did you do some poking around to find their myspace or was it on his website? :p

Spencer

hoosier

5 Year Member
i dont know. it hasnt come up at all for me. it says that internet explorer cannot display the site. ohwell. i left after the whole Bobby VS Rick thing. havent really visited there much since then

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
PinkPunisher said:
Did you do some poking around to find their myspace or was it on his website? :p

Spencer
His web site hasn't been updated in months. You'll notice it says Blue Tegu breeding observed. He's probably left it up just in case he gets back into Tegu's, but I think he's got other priorities.

His myspace page show what he's really interested in, very young women.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
LouDog760 said:
So its no more. I never head about the arguments between, Rick and Bobby. Different views?
They were very good friends for a few years. Until the summer of 2007 when it became apparent what Rick's true personality was. In 10/07 they had it out on thetegu and Rick deleted much of the argument.

I emailed Rick a few times asking questions. He would vaguely answer one and ignore the rest. A few times I tried to meet him in the park he says he takes his Tegu's to free roam. He said he would never commit to being in one place at any time. That showed his true colors to me.

I didn't go back there for about 10 months. I've been helping over there some since it's been a bit slow here. I'm expecting that will change! :mrgreen:

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I had some friends over there that I would miss if it shut down. I've posted there for years and only post here once in a while. sniff sniff

I never really get into other people's business and just kept going back because of the friendly atmosphere. It was one of my favorite sites, and probably the only site I went to on a daily basis.

AB^

5 Year Member
Has anyone else tried contacting Rick about the site? I would, but he probably wouldnt speak to me :-D

Kazzy

5 Year Member
Gah, I haven't been there in a long time. He lied to me, and cheated me out of some money. What was supposed to be a Chacoan tegu was shipped to my house, but he didn't use the *by 10:30* thing, so the poor thing got here around 3 pm, no insulation in the box (it was 90+ F), and she was passed. He told me it was his first DOA, which was a lie, and the tegu was a white headed instead of Chacoan. AND it took forever to convince him to ship a new one out. I told him to put insulation in the box, and have him shipped to the UPS place so I could pick him up at 9 am. Still have him today, but I'll never do business with Rick again.

Bobby was there for me through this whole ordeal. Even in the late hours of night, he would talk to me on the phone and filled me in on some things. That decided it for me, and I never went back. I'm here now, and I love it!! Bobby is awesome, and this site is great.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980