• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Anyone know what happen to thetegu.com??

jor71

5 Year Member
I notice the domain expired , but was renewed. I am not sure if he did or someone else purchased it.

I agree, both that forum and this one contains a ton of information that is helpful to all Tegus and other herp keepers.

I believe Txrepgirl had a feeling it was going to happen. I just sent her a message through youtube.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
jor71 said:
I notice the domain expired , but was renewed. I am not sure if he did or someone else purchased it.

I agree, both that forum and this one contains a ton of information that is helpful to all Tegus and other herp keepers.

I believe Txrepgirl had a feeling it was going to happen. I just sent her a message through youtube.
Bobby said he heard the site was up for sale. He heard Rick lost all of his Tegu's during hibernation last year. No Tegu's = no hatchlings to sell this year (if he did every breed them).

I emailed txrepgirl.

jor71

5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
jor71 said:
Bobby said he heard the site was up for sale. He heard Rick lost all of his Tegu's during hibernation last year. No Tegu's = no hatchlings to sell this year (if he did every breed them).

I emailed txrepgirl.

Hhhmmm, wasn't he advertising earlier in the year that he will have Tegus for sale? I wrote him asking him about putting money down for one and he told me he had pre-sold many of the eggs. I was going to buy one from him, and before I did, I noticed Bobby's Varn-Yard site. I decided to go to Bobby and I am extremely pleased with that decision.

Wooly

5 Year Member
Bobby's tegus are top of the line, good choice. I got my Argentine black and white from him in july and I just got a extreme giant from him, and plan to get many more over the years.

Kharnifex

5 Year Member
man, how do you loose ALL of your tegus to hibrenation? i would be crushed to death if i lost my tegu i couldn't even begin to comprehend loosing a bunch as a breeder.

ohh well. i don't think anyone who frequents both forums would by from rick anyway. i can talk to bobby at any time. here or on the phone. i've gotten advice and opinions (Not to mention GREAT stories) from him even before i bought joker. i visit thetegu.com everyday, and i've still never even met rick.

lotsareps

5 Year Member
Kharnifex said:
man, how do you loose ALL of your tegus to hibrenation? i would be crushed to death if i lost my tegu i couldn't even begin to comprehend loosing a bunch as a breeder.

ohh well. i don't think anyone who frequents both forums would by from rick anyway. i can talk to bobby at any time. here or on the phone. i've gotten advice and opinions (Not to mention GREAT stories) from him even before i bought joker. i visit thetegu.com everyday, and i've still never even met rick.

i have the same thing
i've never been able to talk to rick but bobby was awesome with helping me out. i asked him a couple questions and he replied relatively quick for a busy guy.
i still go to thetegu and just got a tegu from a user who couldn't take care of her anymore. i still want to learn more from bobby (since he's the only one who actually will help you out) and desperately want a red tegu from him. they are just amazing in color!

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
lotsareps said:
i've never been able to talk to rick but bobby was awesome with helping me out. i asked him a couple questions and he replied relatively quick for a busy guy.
i still go to thetegu and just got a tegu from a user who couldn't take care of her anymore. i still want to learn more from bobby (since he's the only one who actually will help you out) and desperately want a red tegu from him. they are just amazing in color!
Bobby is the reason I have Blue Tegu hatchlings, he told me how to build the incubator and how to care for the eggs. It's best to call him, he doesn't always answer emails.

Many people think Rick has never produced a Tegu and bought them for resale.

I go to thetegu.com to help out.

I'll get one of Bobby's Reds some day.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
That's a bummer about the site...I've always had fond memories of it.

Anyway, I like that site because it's the place that helped me learn about tegus when I first got mine...a little Colombian. Everyone was so helpful...Rick, Bobby, Kris (Worley), Josh. I won my little Kreacher through the contest over there...good times. It's not quite the same, but I know some folks, and I like the familiarity. I'm a creature of habit and it's so hard to go to new places!

I feel like I want to start storing files of info from that site, but there's a lot of good stuff here, too.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
laurarfl said:
I feel like I want to start storing files of info from that site, but there's a lot of good stuff here, too.
There are programs you can use to capture the whole site to make it available off line. It might be time to do that.

jor71

5 Year Member
If someone there has full admin access to it, they can actually back up all of the fourms and post. If the site goes down, they can create their own website and import the database to the new site.

rule6660

5 Year Member
Well last april i had talked to Rick at the NH reptile expo and he didnt have any tegu's with him then and only said that he lost Draco. I could of heard him wrong? And last Aug. i was at the maine reptile expo and he wasnt there sooo i dunno?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980