• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

BLUE TEGU HATCHLINGS FOR SALE!!! SOLD OUT!!!

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
PinkPunisher said:
I notice you got another female blue, is she a adult or just a hold back? If she's a adult do you plan on breeding her as well next year?

Again, good job and good luck with future clutches!

Spencer
Thanks!!

She's said to be 5 years old but she's only 26" long. Our male is about 42" long, a big difference in size. She was bought as a pet. She looks like she could be our other females sister, they look very similar. There was no intention to breed because of her size, but she's kind of round like our other female was the fall before we bred her, she may have follicles inside of her ready to be fertilized next season. We've got plenty of time to think about that.

We still haven't gotten her near the other 2 Blues. I'd like to take some comparison pictures. I'd like to see how the 2 females get along and how similar they are.

ashesc212

5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
PinkPunisher said:
I notice you got another female blue, is she a adult or just a hold back? If she's a adult do you plan on breeding her as well next year?

Spencer
Thanks!!

She's said to me 5 years old but she's only 26" long. Our male is about 42" long, a big difference in size. She was bought as a pet. She looks like she could be our other females sister, they look very similar. There was no intention to breed because of her size, but she's kind of round like our other female was the fall before we bred her, she may have follicles inside of her ready to be fertilized next season. We've got plenty of time to think about that.

We still haven't gotten her near the other 2 Blues. I'd like to take some comparison pictures. I'd like to see how the 2 females get along and how similar they are.

Oh wow, pics please? Where and when did you get her? That's odd that she's so small...

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
ashesc212 said:
DaveDragon said:
PinkPunisher said:

Spencer
Thanks!!

She's said to me 5 years old but she's only 26" long. Our male is about 42" long, a big difference in size. She was bought as a pet. She looks like she could be our other females sister, they look very similar. There was no intention to breed because of her size, but she's kind of round like our other female was the fall before we bred her, she may have follicles inside of her ready to be fertilized next season. We've got plenty of time to think about that.

Oh wow, pics please? Where and when did you get her? That's odd that she's so small...
This sums it all up. http://thetegu.com/postt7588.html

I'll get to the pics soon. We've got a few rescued snakes that need their setups improved.

Ixchel

5 Year Member
Haha. I was one of the people who bought one at the show. :p He's been really great so far, after he got over stressing out about the move.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Ixchel said:
Haha. I was one of the people who bought one at the show. :p He's been really great so far, after he got over stressing out about the move.
Great! Don't forget to post some pics! :mrgreen:

Ixchel

5 Year Member
I will as soon as I'm able too. :) I've read the papers that came with him, but I was wondering what exactly was his feeding schedule? I don't want it to be too different for him.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Crickets in the morning; raw ground turkey mixed with a little cod liver oil & calcium in the afternoon. Mix in small pieces of raw tilapia (fish), or soft fruits, rotating something different every day. 3 pinkies or a fuzzie one or twice a week. It's important he gets lots of protein for growth. He might not eat too much for the first 2 or 3 days. They've been eating like pigs.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
We might be buying one back from someone local who isn't interested anymore.

Anyone interested? We have to make sure he's in good condition first.

4ever2wheels

5 Year Member
wats up guys/gals?

hey dave u goin to be at the next reptile expo in NY (long island--3-7-09) or the one on 4-19 in westchester with any baby blues? i saw u and had a quick convo with u at the last expo in jan, i think. im really interested in a blue, but still have to get my lighting and some other little things before i can bring one home.
hows that one ur buying back,was it one of urs from the show? i live in jersey and CT isnt too far of a ride, if i have to come to u for one. just keep me posted on wat u got. thanks

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
4ever2wheels said:
wats up guys/gals?

hey dave u goin to be at the next reptile expo in NY (long island--3-7-09) or the one on 4-19 in westchester with any baby blues? i saw u and had a quick convo with u at the last expo in jan, i think. im really interested in a blue, but still have to get my lighting and some other little things before i can bring one home.
hows that one ur buying back,was it one of urs from the show? i live in jersey and CT isnt too far of a ride, if i have to come to u for one. just keep me posted on wat u got. thanks
We won't be at the Long Island show, I'll be camping with the Cub Scouts. If we buy that one back I doubt it would be with us long enough to bring it to the April show. We'll see what happens next week.

BOOSTFEEN

5 Year Member
this is the person thats selling the blue tegu. they are in norwalk,ct and asking $165. heres a link with info <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://ny.classifieds.aol.com/frame/1224445742/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://ny.classifieds.aol.com/frame/1224445742/</a><!-- m -->

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
BOOSTFEEN said:
this is the person thats selling the blue tegu. they are in norwalk,ct and asking $165. heres a link with info <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://ny.classifieds.aol.com/frame/1224445742/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://ny.classifieds.aol.com/frame/1224445742/</a><!-- m -->
It's already sold. BUMMER!!!!

BOOSTFEEN

5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
BOOSTFEEN said:

WOW!!! That thing sold fast LOL they dont last long huh well what can you do. Well Providentially i have two so hopefully the second one is a male just gotta wait.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
BOOSTFEEN said:
DaveDragon said:
BOOSTFEEN said:

WOW!!! That thing sold fast LOL they dont last long huh well what can you do. Well Providentially i have two so hopefully the second one is a male just gotta wait.
You've gotta weight 2 or 3 years before they can breed!!!

BOOSTFEEN

5 Year Member
LOL Dave I know that. What I meant was I gotta wait and see if the other blue I have is a male cause the one I have is a female.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
BOOSTFEEN said:
LOL Dave I know that. What I meant was I gotta wait and see if the other blue I have is a male cause the one I have is a female.
Hopefully it'll be obvious soon. Waiting is a pain in the butt!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced