• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Building enclosure

isdrake

5 Year Member
SjRrMc said:
Thats a nice cage i built one on Saturday its harder then i thought but its worth it.

It would be nice to see some photos of your enclosure. :D

lazyjr52 said:
That's a really nice cage. What's the dimensions on it?

Thanks. It's 3 x 1.5 meters . That's just a little smaller than 10 x 5 feet.

isdrake

5 Year Member
Whisky have moved in now. :D

bygge27_orig_SE.jpg

bygge24_orig_SE.jpg

bygge25_orig_SE.jpg

bygge24_orig_SE.jpg

bygge23_orig_SE.jpg

bygge26_orig_SE.jpg

whisky21_orig_SE.jpg

whisky20_orig_SE.jpg

whisky19_orig_SE.jpg

cabral

5 Year Member
WOW,
that looks great, im really liking it,
and really nice tegus BTW, they should be very happy

isdrake

5 Year Member
Thanks for the comments. :p

Here is a video of her exploring her new home:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PUlJmyhUmM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PUlJmyhUmM</a><!-- m -->

whisky22.jpg

isdrake

5 Year Member
Here comes some more updates. I have done a fake rock background, and it truly looks fake, lol. I really need more practice. XD

It's made in four sections that is simply attached to the plywood so that we can take them away if we need to move the enclosure. I think it would have looked a lot better if I have done it inside the enclosure as a whole section but that's a price we have to pay.

They are made in the most classic way using styrofoam and grout. It's actually five sections. I was working at my parents summer house and the last piece didn't fit into our car so I couldn't take it with me.

Also added some more plants that really makes the whole thing look more alive. I hope she likes it. :D

car.jpg

bygge28.jpg

bygge29.jpg

bygge32.jpg

And some size reference:
bygge30.jpg

bygge31.jpg

G

That cage is looking fantastic! The fake rock really does add something. I was impressed before, but now it looks like some displays I've seen in zoos :D Maybe we'll get to see a picture of Whisky exploring the new decorations? :)

Weedazon

5 Year Member
This has probably already been asked, but how much did it cost to make you the tegu cage without the rock wall? I REALLY need to build Zeke a bigger cage, but I need it to be under $200, preferably around $150. I don't know if this is even possible...I sure hope so!

isdrake

5 Year Member
Kebechet said:
That cage is looking fantastic! The fake rock really does add something. I was impressed before, but now it looks like some displays I've seen in zoos :D Maybe we'll get to see a picture of Whisky exploring the new decorations? :)

Sure. :) I love taking photos of her. XD

whisky24.jpg

whisky25.jpg

whisky27.jpg

whisky26.jpg

eddyjack said:
That is a really neat enclosure! I also like the end view from your couch. Nicely done.

That's one of the best ideas I have ever had. XD It's really sweet to sit on the couch and watch her.

Weedazon said:
This has probably already been asked, but how much did it cost to make you the tegu cage without the rock wall? I REALLY need to build Zeke a bigger cage, but I need it to be under $200, preferably around $150. I don't know if this is even possible...I sure hope so!

That's a hard question. I think we spent about 6000 SEK (about 800 USD) on the wood alone (but that's including a smaller enclosure for a bearded dragon). But we have lot more taxes and such then you have.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Wow this is a really nice enclosure. Sorry for pulling up a dead thread but this is awesome!

turtlepunk

I agree! this enclosure is AMAZING wish i had the skill to build something like this! looking like im gonna have to hire someone to build one for me

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980