• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

CLUB DUBYA

Ripkabird98

laurarfl said:
Actually two new tegus. Both are in good shape. A high white one from Cali and a black nose adult M from FL.

I have one little gator and that's good enough. I use them for education and have them on a sort of loan basis.

You got my high white one! Aww D:...

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
He's still up so far! :) i woke him up to put him in his big boy house. Can you tell which one is niles? (Heh heh) [attachment=6601]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362601652782.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362601652782.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 7

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Grrrrr. So he buried himself in the peat. He did drink a few licks of water and refused a cricket. Hopefully tomorrow he'll actually want to wake up and try to get back to normal. :/

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
He is my first tegu. I got him sept 11 of last year. He went down for hibernation in oct and has been down since. I had read march was common "wakey eggs and bakey " time...but when his cage was 100% complete ( today actually) I woke him and put him in. Offered a cricket which he refused, and then after some drunken exploration and a small drink of water he buried himself. Hopefully tomorrow I can get him to eat/drink and not be so damn sleepwalky. Ugh. I even put his pile of shredded paper towels in the corner on the cool side ( which he LOVES TO PLAY AROUND AND SLEEP UNDER) but he just burrowed under the shelf that his basking stone is on. I went with a setup similar to dubya in that I have the heat lights on one side that I turn off at night and ceramic heat emitter on cool side which I turned on tonight after shutting down the basking lights. I did keep the fogger on since the enclosure is so much bigger than the breeder tank and want the humidity to remain constant.

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
BatGirl1 said:
He is my first tegu. I got him sept 11 of last year. He went down for hibernation in oct and has been down since. I had read march was common "wakey eggs and bakey " time...but when his cage was 100% complete ( today actually) I woke him and put him in. Offered a cricket which he refused, and then after some drunken exploration and a small drink of water he buried himself. Hopefully tomorrow I can get him to eat/drink and not be so damn sleepwalky. Ugh. I even put his pile of shredded paper towels in the corner on the cool side ( which he LOVES TO PLAY AROUND AND SLEEP UNDER) but he just burrowed under the shelf that his basking stone is on. I went with a setup similar to dubya in that I have the heat lights on one side that I turn off at night and ceramic heat emitter on cool side which I turned on tonight after shutting down the basking lights. I did keep the fogger on since the enclosure is so much bigger than the breeder tank and want the humidity to remain constant.
D, night time spot bulbs project heat further down than a CHE and keep the domes cooler. Best price on them is from petmountain.com.

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
I dont have any domes in the enclosure. Are night spots just a flat bulb like the floods but red?

Is it better/even possible to put a dome over a reg ceramic socket with a night 'spot ' heat lamp? Mine is just a plain socket for a bulb. :/

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Re: RE: CLUB DUBYA

laurarfl said:
Niles is so cute! I loooove the green!

I know, huh? Haha :p

Oh! On another totally 'off ' subject. "Cricket " ( my mexican red knee) who is afraid of crickets ( heh heh) took another waxworm for me today! :) yaaaay! It was so cute. Had the worm in its jaws and dragged the squishy dead body between its legs. Haha. Mmmmmm<3

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
BatGirl1 said:
I dont have any domes in the enclosure. Are night spots just a flat bulb like the floods but red?

Is it better/even possible to put a dome over a reg ceramic socket with a night 'spot ' heat lamp? Mine is just a plain socket for a bulb. :/

Go to home depot in the electrical section and look at the cheapo clamp lamps and check if you can easily remove the dome from the socket. I think you can then put it on your ceramic one maybe with a little modification. Hold it up against a similar socket at the store to check it.

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
BatGirl1 said:
So you would recommend a dome rather than just the bulb and socket?

I didn't say that. You asked. Those spots I told you about project down pretty well. you may not need a dome.

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
The spot seems to be working fine. :) he still won't eat or come out unless i make him come out though...grrrr

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
iiLOVExTEGUS said:
ATTENTION ALL DUBYA CLUB GOERS I JUST MADE MY FIRST BATCH OF DUBYAS DIET!!!!!!! AND IT'S SPRING BREAK

Shhh! Keep it under your hat (figuratively). Did your tegu like it? Did uou use a meat grinder? It works best with a meat grinder.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus